Primarily what I see on WSO is M7 or gtfo.
Does anyone have any thoughts or insight into Illinois' iMBA program? Here's a Poets & Quants article for some background.
My impression is that once you get out of the M7 range, ranking doesn't matter so much. This is to say that #37 isn't all that different from #53.
Why I'm thinking about it:
- I don't have the means (read: funds) to attend a full time program. With this program, I can continue to work full time while earning an MBA and have my bank pay for part of it. The tuition package my bank offers requires a prorated payback if you leave the bank within 1 year of the tuition payment. I don't plan to leave but prorated payback isn't that big of a penalty regardless.
- I don't want to change industries. I'm happy with my current role/path in banking but an MBA will not only cause a pay bump, but act as a differentiator down the line when competing for management positions.
Financial Modeling Course
- Get An Edge For Your Interviews & Finance Career
- The Best (and Most Affordable) Financial Modeling Self-study Courses.
- WSO Members receive a 15% discount