Importance of age for London SA?
With the London SA opening up, I was wondering how important age is my case.
Here are a few bullet points about me:
- Due to fondness of partying in high school and time overseas, I am a bit older, currently 25.
- Spend three years overseas. Predominantly traveling in Asia and living in Sydney.
- Worked most of the time in the mines and construction. We clocked on average 80 with occasional exceptions of 90-100 hours a week in construction. In the mines we did 14 hour days, 7 days a week for 8 weeks straight.
- Learned how to work in a team. You kinda have to when the mine site is 6 hours away from the nearest village. Rural Strayaaa!
- Loved my construction job and was in the process of getting sponsored, but decided to leave due vastly decreasing learning curve.
- Determined on pursuing IB with hopefully a general role at an EB (interested in RX and M&A).
- Currently penultimate year Econometrics and Operational Research (EOR) student - best EOR study in The Netherlands but I do not think recruiters would know that.
- GPA 8.1 / 10.0 (translates to a 4.0 if I am not mistaking).
- Choose this study because of the challenge and Finance concentrations are a joke here. Took extra finance courses and planning on taking additional accounting / finance courses throughout my academic life.
- Honours Programme student: additional 30 EC (5 extra specialized courses).
- Mentor for first year students and might become Corporate Finance TA.
- Planning on doing more with finance student organisations but most committees and boards are tailored for final year bachelor or master students.
- For what it is worth, did/doing the WSO modeling course.
- If London SA won't work, I am going to email every Dutch boutique / PE shop.
I know that I got the whole non-target and lack of relevant jobs blabla thing going against me, but would my age already be a killer or is it unimportant due to unusual background?
Any tips, recommendations, or critic would be appreciated.