I'm a second year student at a target uni and basically I failed to get an internship in London during this season but managed to secure a MO/BO role at JPM as a Summer Analyst back in my home country. If I do this position back home, will this be giving me a leg up or a chance when I apply for a FT position in the internship position in the London office in my final year next year? Or should I plan to do a masters and apply for another SA role in my third year?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I have been on this website for more than ten years and thought I would dish out a bit of advice.
####A bit of background:
I worked up to director level in trading, before going to get an MBA and changing industry to work in private equity. The exact same story repeated itself, so I thought...+33 by Disjoint in JOB
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+13 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- I remember back when I was still a student, being intimidated by the idea of having to form "models" - despite my undergrad being in physics.
It turns out in finance, "modelling" just means dividing one excel cell by another, saying "yeah sure, that growth will...+11 by Leonardo-Cope in IB
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+10 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- I want to hear stories of pick up artistry, streaks (of success or droughts), or even just unexpected love stories. Mine is, I usually do a lot of sitting by the bar with some staring, drooling, and wimpering like a sad and needy puppy.
Edit: for those not convinced this topic is somewhat...+7 by iBankedUp in OFF
- How about we include biopics as well.
Watching the theranos documentary right now and it's awesome (guy with the messed up eye seems kinda baller). What are some other business documentaries to check out?+7 by famejranc in OFF
- Hoping to learn more about investment banks in Los Angeles. My current firm's only california presence is in San Francisco. I've done a bit of research and think I understand which banks are in LA, but it's hard to tell what groups are out there. Also hoping to know a little more...+7 by californiadreaming000 in IB
- In a Bloomberg article last week, JP Morgan announced that it will begin using online behavioral science-based games to recruit college students.
[quote]"Beginning this year, the bank will be using the games, instead of in person campus recruiting and traditional college campus visits,...+7 by NovemberRain in JOB
- Recently left this group it was nothing like what I was promised and experienced during my summer.
1) Too many egos without merit; chill out dude you’re going to a fund with $5 Billion in AUM.
2) Haven’t closed any deals since the rainmakers left to Everecore even heard one more senior...+6 by PEorBsTSeoulBro in IB
- Today is opening day and the season seems to be starting earlier every year. I am a Mets fan but I will also root for my local team, which is the Phillies.
The Mets have improved by acquiring Cano, Diaz, Ramos and Lowrie. As a result, they may be able to complete a...+5 by Series7examtutor in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 4/10-4/128:00 to 5:00 EDT New York City, NY