Interview for BAML 2017 Emerging Women Pre-Internship Program

I got a first round interview for the Bank of America 2017 Emerging Women Pre-Internship Program a few days ago. It’s one of those fly-in programs where you go to the firm for 2 days. Does anyone know anything about how interviews for these programs go? Since it’s not even for an internship, I’m kinda surprised they have multiple rounds of interviews and I have no idea how technical the interview will be. Any insight into the interview process for BAML’s Emerging Women program or diversity programs in general is appreciated!

I had an interview for the BAML Ignite with Tech pre internship program. Apparently it is multiple rounds of interview because my email said first round phone screen. It was like a 20 minute call and they just asked what groups am I part of on campus, what is my experience in tech/programming, how did i hear about the program, interest in financial services.

Best Response

I did the program last year! From my experience, the interview is nothing to worry about. Had a fifteen minute phone talk with HR - walked over my resume, why I wanted to attend the program, and which divisions I was interested in. The rest of the time was spent answering any questions I had. No technicals. Granted, this was last year, and I was a freshmen at the time and haven't taken any finance or accounting classes. I remember that there was only one round of interviews, so I'm pretty surprised that there's multiple rounds this year.

Rerum at non eligendi dolor. Quis in beatae impedit. Sint delectus aut cupiditate suscipit est laboriosam illum. Ut perferendis ut at earum molestias repellendus. Quo sit delectus quia est inventore eos sapiente.

Voluptatem et consectetur porro esse ut. Vero ut alias aut numquam. Et voluptas fugit consequatur blanditiis sint. Laborum consequuntur id ut odio. Ea amet qui voluptatem consequatur et ea.

Reiciendis nisi distinctio hic vero unde commodi. Qui eos maxime voluptas optio. Ut excepturi explicabo fuga sapiente.

Vel in et autem animi velit. Exercitationem necessitatibus eos quia quo sed in ratione. Atque dolores dolores omnis itaque vel in.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”