Interview with CEO & Co-Founder , Chargebacks911 – Monica Eaton-Cardone

1. Can you tell us about your journey into this market?
    While running an e-commerce site that sold luxury goods and cosmetics, I came across an issue I had never heard of before: the concept of chargebacks. Before a merchant knows it, they could be short by thousands—if not hundreds of thousands—of dollars. The thing about chargebacks, though, is they essentially render the merchant “guilty until proven innocent.” And, if a merchant gets too many claims, then the bank has the right to take all their funds and close their account.
    All of the sudden, my e-commerce company had tons of chargebacks—and had no idea where they came from, or what they meant. We were using an advertising service for online promotions, and we had a surge of advertising because we paid agencies a commission on sales. Turns out that, after we paid their commission, we found out they were actually stealing credit cards, and these were fake customers. We were shipping products to customers that had never even bought our product. Chargebacks came rolling in, and we lost the money for the merchandise, the money for the transaction, and were confronted by one of the scariest situations I could ever have imagined. It was a very expensive education.
    I went on the offensive. I began meeting with risk managers and studying the credit card company regulations. Then I came up with an idea: by calling customers that has filed chargebacks and finding out why, my team and I created more than 106 rules and developed the technology to accurately predict how many chargebacks we could expect, and what their risk levels were. Fintech News

For full Article - https://fintecbuzz.com/interview-with-ceo-co-foun…

Consequatur at ut non. Explicabo esse at omnis iure nihil est. Quae ut dolor assumenda doloribus sint.

Quidem totam iste cum. Voluptatem et animi aut. Necessitatibus inventore voluptatibus vitae.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”