Lateral hiring for an analyst role in an industry group. Don't have specific experience but somehow made it this far. First interview was last Friday, second was yesterday, now I have the final one coming up next week.
Interview 1: VP, mix of fit and technical questions. Nailed the technicals, told my story well. Left happy.
Interview 2: Two analysts, purely technical. One had a list of standard valuation questions, which I could do. The other had allquestions, which I didn't know at all. Was convinced I wouldn't hear back afterwards.
Somehow, this morning I got a call saying they'd like me to meet with the Group Head for all of Europe.
1) Am I right in assuming someone that senior would only ask behavioural/fit stuff? (In any case I'm studying LBO);
2) Is it possible they're giving interviews with the Group Head to all their second round candidates? I'm just really amazed I got through after my sh** second round interview.
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.