I've gone thru a couple interviews for portfolio manager seats, and i was not prepared for a few questions they asked, so i thought i'd list them here for future reference. The people who interview you for a PM seat are very smart, and they are risk averse...so they focus more on losses than gains.
1) your detailed P&L history, sharpe ratio, standard deviation P&L, largest loss, win/loss %
2) if you run your strategy current position thru the last 12 years of daily closes, what is the worst 1 day performance
3) what is your edge? describe it, in great detail.
4) how do you scale your strategy to larger size?
Hedge Fund Interview Course
- 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.