Investment Analyst Opening - American Campus Communities (Austin, TX)
This community has been a benefit to me, so I wanted to pass along this opening. American Campus Communities is searching for an Investment Analyst to join our team in Austin. The role supports all of ACC's investment avenues – acquisitions, off-campus development, and our public-private partnership (P3) platform, which includes owned on-campus development and third-party development and management services. The ideal candidate would likely have 1-3 years of acquisition and/or development analysis experience, but we are open to considering a variety of backgrounds. If you or somebody you know is interested in a student housing investment role, feel free to DM your resume and apply online.
American Campus Communities (NYSE: ACC) is the nation's largest developer, owner and manager of high-quality student housing communities. Since 1996, American Campus Communities (ACC) has developed more than $7.6 billion in housing, academic and auxiliary spaces for our own portfolio and our university partners, and acquired more than 160 communities from nearly every major developer in the industry. American Campus Communities (ACC) actively owns and/or manages 206 student housing communities in approximately 90 markets across the nation consisting of more than 141,400 beds.
The financial analyst will be responsible for performing financial analysis supporting the company's efforts in real estate investment, operations, and development, and the economic impact of strategic business opportunities.
- Provide detailed analytical and financial Excel modeling for development and acquisition opportunities, valuation of existing real estate assets, and other ad hoc projects.
- Prepare and present investment analysis packages including transaction overview, market overview, and results of financial analysis including sensitivity analyses and joint-venture waterfall distributions, and assist with preparation of Investment Committee memos.
- Assist in the preparation of supporting materials utilized in American Campus Communities' quarterly earnings and guidance reports, pipeline reports, and other materials presented to American Campus Communities' Board of Directors.
- Assist in the preparation of development proposals in response to university-issued Request for Information (RFI), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP) for on-campus development and management opportunities.
- Assist in preparing development budgets, including tax and impact/development fee analyses by working with internal development and construction management teams, along with general contractors, civil engineers, planning departments, and relevant municipal and county agencies.
- Prepare operating budgets and model future financial performance of real estate assets based upon company operating standards and specific due diligence information.
- Compiling, logging, benchmarking, and interpreting acquisition-target due diligence information relating to financial performance, asset physical condition, market conditions, and results of third-party reports.
- Assist in the preparation of Letters for Intent (LOI) for acquisition targets and completion of on-site due diligence.
- Work directly with Departments Heads, Lead Executives and C-level officers to analyze opportunities and determine investment decisions.
- Participate in strategic investment discussions, identification and implementation of property-level revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives used to drive asset value and financial returns.
- Build and support relationships with external stakeholders, including university partners, joint-venture partners, real estate brokers, developers, investment bankers, architects, general contractors, and consultants.