Comments (94)

• Intern in S&T - Equities
Feb 1, 2021 - 8:46pm

I think it's almost guaranteed that it will be virtual which freaking blows.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Feb 2, 2021 - 6:42pm

BofA sent an email to the interns along the lines of "Last year's virtual internship program was very successful. We hope to make this year's program just as successful!"

• Analyst 1 in CorpFin
Feb 3, 2021 - 3:57pm

Did bofa internship virtual last summer and it was honestly a good experience and learned a lot. They did a really good job.

Most Helpful
  • Analyst 1 in CorpFin
Feb 9, 2021 - 4:23pm

I've forgot many details, but to sum it up, there was a week of good training on accounting by a third party that was taught well and then went through a week or two of projects with other interns across all business lines/ learning about the bank and doing projects/cases on a macro level about the Bank and spend a lot of time actually learning what bofa does and how they operate, not necessarily anything about your specific job. Both projects had winners but it actually didn't matter, my team was all on the same vibe and just decided to take it easy on the projects, plus 100% offers lol. We did enough to get by. Since all of your meetings are done otp or Skype/webex, you have to be a social person, being a quiet shy nerd will make you stick out like a sore thumb. Me and my peer mentor whom was an analyst were required to have a call each week to discuss what we learned, but it always turned into a covo about Golf, Basketball, or what bar we were hitting that night. Anyways, after those weeks we went into our groups and its different for each one, but we had presentations and speakers from each group throughout the week and would work on little projects. My day was usually 9-4:30 with a lot of downtime. add in an hour for lunch from 12-1 and the days are easy. Then we had a final presentation about what we learned and a bio about ourselves. takes like 3 minutes and is in front of people on Skype.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Feb 3, 2021 - 2:07pm

I doubt banks will shorten the internship. I believe they shortened it last year because they didn't have enough time to prepare for the internships. 

• Incoming Analyst in PE - Other
Feb 3, 2021 - 2:19pm

Agreed, Most banks had successful virtual programs so they'll probably just do the full 10-weeks. Worst case you'll get paid for 10-weeks while doing 5 weeks.

Feb 3, 2021 - 2:18pm

I know at least for myself that Analyst training for my bank is virtual, So safe to assume the internship program will be virtual :(. I have some friends at other places saying their analyst training is online so that probably speaks for their intern classes too, but can't confirm those.

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Feb 3, 2021 - 4:03pm

Banks have already sent out updates to incoming FT? Thought they usually wait until onboarding to do that as opposed to SA which usually sends out frequent communication due to there being more interns.

Feb 3, 2021 - 4:07pm

LOL had to edit cause I read that wrong. I got an email from HR a few weeks ago, talking about "virtual orientation". They also mentioned onboarding but no clear date yet for me.

Mar 23, 2021 - 1:57am

I got the proverbial "banker bag" before the summer started and then every other week got a care package of branded items / swag. It was almost an overwhelming amount of branded goodies but I assume they just had to use up all the SA budget despite the virtual format.

Interested in code, market mechanics, and trading strategies!
  • Intern in IB - Cov
Feb 3, 2021 - 3:26pm

If it's a 10 week virtual program, I can't imagine how bored interns would be since they probably aren't gonna be given substantial tasks.

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Feb 3, 2021 - 4:04pm

If you're staffed on live deals then it's going to be rough. If not, which I feel will happen much less than last year, you're gonna be getting paid $40/hr to watch Netflix for half the day.

• Intern in IB - Cov
Feb 3, 2021 - 4:11pm

Realistically how can a virtual intern even contribute to live deal work? The only thing I can think of is CRM management, admin tasks, but you really think interns will be able to help with marketing materials/diligence at all?

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Feb 6, 2021 - 1:52pm

Some people were bored out of their minds, others got staffed up the ass. I hope for your sake you'll be as bored as you think right now

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Feb 7, 2021 - 5:07am

I think Moelis will be virtual, though not 100% sure. Though they said even if they return in the office, it would be voluntary for first few weeks/months.

Feb 7, 2021 - 1:01pm

Virtual.

Biggest worry is will we still be doing WFH when the new hires that interned during the 2020 summer start. That cohort was going to have a serious uphill battle, and this is assuming we're back to normal when they hit the desk/start as FT juniors. It's going to be even harder if we're still remote come fall, making it harder for them to play catch up.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Feb 10, 2021 - 12:15am

If things are (likely) virtual, will there be restrictions on where interns can live for the summer domestically? 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 23, 2021 - 11:31am

More so for the EBs. CVP only has ~20 interns in NYC and 300 employees total, logistically it's not that bad. The BBs and large MMs have thousands of employees in NYC, they may be more likely to just go virtual to avoid the hassle.

Mar 23, 2021 - 2:35pm

virtual but they wanna get us in the office at some point

path less traveled

• Intern in PE - LBOs
Mar 30, 2021 - 9:47am

Was told virtual but they want interns in the city for in-person events. Honestly I think (and hope) it will be a hybrid model where we come in a few days each week.

• Intern in IB - Cov
Mar 30, 2021 - 5:33pm

They sent a follow-up email that the in-person events are 100% optional. This makes me think the events aren't really that important? I'm guessing HR events/firm-level stuff. Curious to hear your thoughts.

• Intern in IB - Restr
Mar 23, 2021 - 4:47pm

Evercore not said anything either way yet for London, Citi just confirmed London is virtual, MS London starting virtual but possibly in person later

• Intern in IB - Gen
Mar 30, 2021 - 9:55am

And then theres GS who have said it will all be in-person. Surely other banks will have to reconsider being completely virtual?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Mar 30, 2021 - 5:04pm

no sorry this was what I heard from my friend at a satellite office

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Mar 30, 2021 - 4:42pm

Morgan Stanley NYC is starting virtual with "in-person opportunities" down the line (whatever that means, very vague). Any chance MS might switch it to in-person either from the start or further down the line, especially now since Goldman and JPM are in person. Virtual really blows and I would take any chance to be in person tbh.

Apr 15, 2021 - 10:37pm

Eveniet unde qui et nulla quidem qui distinctio. Tempore rerum est maxime vitae iusto dolorum. Reiciendis corrupti veniam assumenda ex. Laudantium sint repellendus maxime voluptatibus.

Veniam sed odit porro et labore officia rerum et. Est ab laboriosam non accusantium laborum facilis. Odio ad vel quia doloribus. Harum est facilis ut est quibusdam ut ut enim. Ad at architecto exercitationem. Consequatur vel ipsum adipisci rem porro in sint. Itaque sunt aut dolor rerum sed eum modi.

Apr 15, 2021 - 10:37pm

Voluptatem nulla distinctio aut voluptates qui aliquid. Quae qui esse nisi possimus. Velit totam qui dolore est.

Quam vel distinctio deleniti repellat. Eveniet distinctio aut et eius. Veniam omnis dicta voluptates quia similique laboriosam. Inventore nostrum expedita ad.

Architecto ut aliquid architecto quia. Dolor esse tempora quis consequatur quis non voluptatem. Voluptatem laborum ipsa natus voluptatem provident consequuntur et.

Aut qui nihil expedita voluptate eos explicabo aliquam. Atque praesentium quo qui necessitatibus aut quo.

Apr 15, 2021 - 10:38pm

Et et et cupiditate eius unde voluptatem et. Libero est quasi veritatis quam porro deserunt dolor dolores. Vitae iste occaecati cum. Quod autem sint nesciunt minima.

Quam in eligendi consequatur. Accusamus magnam dolor expedita nulla aut ut eveniet. Fuga ea voluptatem reiciendis blanditiis.

Est molestiae dolores facilis dolore amet. Minus maxime ea illo nihil quia eaque. Reiciendis sed quia officia facilis.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Nov 18, 2021 - 11:18am

Consequuntur ab id soluta delectus. Accusamus magni dolorem in quo commodi reprehenderit. Aut eius minus accusantium sunt quo sunt. Sed explicabo sunt hic unde quo.

Dolor accusamus suscipit voluptatem quod nam nobis quia est. Molestias optio alias voluptas illum voluptate. Ea voluptas expedita eos dolores et quibusdam nam.

Numquam facilis vero illo ut aut enim illum. Beatae quia iure perspiciatis et ex porro. Vero fugit rerum in. Illum et nobis voluptates quis consequuntur. Sit unde incidunt omnis cumque inventore. Amet ut saepe corrupti tempore dolores. Minima et autem earum aut assumenda.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

January 2022 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (5) $604
  • Vice President (20) $379
  • Associates (143) $238
  • 2nd Year Analyst (84) $153
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (15) $150
  • 1st Year Analyst (295) $142
  • Intern/Summer Associate (63) $143
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (225) $90