I think it’s almost guaranteed that it will be virtual which freaking blows.

I say this because I think we will probably see another pretty big wave of covid in April/may as a result of variants. Just a prediction tho

Did bofa internship virtual last summer and it was honestly a good experience and learned a lot. They did a really good job.

Most Helpful

I've forgot many details, but to sum it up, there was a week of good training on accounting by a third party that was taught well and then went through a week or two of projects with other interns across all business lines/ learning about the bank and doing projects/cases on a macro level about the Bank and spend a lot of time actually learning what bofa does and how they operate, not necessarily anything about your specific job. Both projects had winners but it actually didn't matter, my team was all on the same vibe and just decided to take it easy on the projects, plus 100% offers lol. We did enough to get by. Since all of your meetings are done otp or Skype/webex, you have to be a social person, being a quiet shy nerd will make you stick out like a sore thumb. Me and my peer mentor whom was an analyst were required to have a call each week to discuss what we learned, but it always turned into a covo about Golf, Basketball, or what bar we were hitting that night. Anyways, after those weeks we went into our groups and its different for each one, but we had presentations and speakers from each group throughout the week and would work on little projects. My day was usually 9-4:30 with a lot of downtime. add in an hour for lunch from 12-1 and the days are easy. Then we had a final presentation about what we learned and a bio about ourselves. takes like 3 minutes and is in front of people on Skype.

I know at least for myself that Analyst training for my bank is virtual, So safe to assume the internship program will be virtual :(. I have some friends at other places saying their analyst training is online so that probably speaks for their intern classes too, but can't confirm those.

Banks have already sent out updates to incoming FT? Thought they usually wait until onboarding to do that as opposed to SA which usually sends out frequent communication due to there being more interns.

LOL had to edit cause I read that wrong. I got an email from HR a few weeks ago, talking about "virtual orientation". They also mentioned onboarding but no clear date yet for me.

Do undergraduate summer analysts typically get company swag lol? Bags? SHirts? Patagucci?

I got the proverbial “banker bag” before the summer started and then every other week got a care package of branded items / swag. It was almost an overwhelming amount of branded goodies but I assume they just had to use up all the SA budget despite the virtual format.

Interested in code, market mechanics, and trading strategies!

If it's a 10 week virtual program, I can't imagine how bored interns would be since they probably aren't gonna be given substantial tasks.

If you're staffed on live deals then it's going to be rough. If not, which I feel will happen much less than last year, you're gonna be getting paid $40/hr to watch Netflix for half the day.

Virtual.

Biggest worry is will we still be doing WFH when the new hires that interned during the 2020 summer start. That cohort was going to have a serious uphill battle, and this is assuming we're back to normal when they hit the desk/start as FT juniors. It's going to be even harder if we're still remote come fall, making it harder for them to play catch up.

Damn, don't say that I was hoping for at least a hybrid schedule after virtual training.

CVP just told us that we'd have a one-week virtual training but the remainder of the internship would be in-person

More so for the EBs. CVP only has ~20 interns in NYC and 300 employees total, logistically it's not that bad. The BBs and large MMs have thousands of employees in NYC, they may be more likely to just go virtual to avoid the hassle.

Was told virtual but they want interns in the city for in-person events. Honestly I think (and hope) it will be a hybrid model where we come in a few days each week.

They sent a follow-up email that the in-person events are 100% optional. This makes me think the events aren't really that important? I'm guessing HR events/firm-level stuff. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Evercore not said anything either way yet for London, Citi just confirmed London is virtual, MS London starting virtual but possibly in person later

And then theres GS who have said it will all be in-person. Surely other banks will have to reconsider being completely virtual?

Morgan Stanley NYC is starting virtual with "in-person opportunities" down the line (whatever that means, very vague). Any chance MS might switch it to in-person either from the start or further down the line, especially now since Goldman and JPM are in person. Virtual really blows and I would take any chance to be in person tbh.

Deleniti eos molestiae dicta omnis. Deleniti eos soluta dolorum eius id cum ut. Modi dolores expedita dicta ea numquam perspiciatis. Atque error provident ea et beatae quo iure sint.

Cupiditate possimus et est omnis mollitia vel dolor. Molestias exercitationem corporis temporibus eos ea quasi. Quisquam earum quia magni quis dolor. Aut eaque voluptas aperiam. Sequi voluptas voluptatem expedita sed.

Et fugit atque dolorum voluptatem. Saepe id nostrum quia. Consequatur aperiam et suscipit quidem debitis dolor.

Maiores suscipit quos eum voluptatem quaerat. Magnam quam consequatur numquam nihil id nulla. Repudiandae aut minus quos et error natus.

Fugit fugit quia doloremque dicta distinctio et minus. Quod odit sunt quas.

Dolorem natus aspernatur aut laboriosam. Aut ipsa excepturi non amet qui odio rerum blanditiis. Id dolore sequi odit et porro fugit quia. Non dolorum ea eveniet. Quo inventore qui ipsa. Deserunt cupiditate debitis nobis aut beatae.

Aut recusandae porro et repudiandae dolor. Praesentium sit dolores doloremque. Minima asperiores et est quibusdam sed et.

Omnis dolorem et error nam dicta vel. Error quae voluptas ea rem vitae at.

Et quisquam quae id quidem atque facilis velit et. Consequatur sit quo laborum doloribus. Reprehenderit veniam aut quidem autem cum laboriosam delectus.

Incidunt magni provident et ut. Nulla et molestiae harum iure corporis nam iste. Possimus laboriosam ad labore laboriosam iure quia placeat aliquam.

Expedita earum nemo quia perferendis sit est excepturi. Consequatur voluptatem non est minus asperiores ut. Saepe ea sit aut voluptates sint doloremque. Suscipit quo qui ea voluptas in perferendis. Quia illum et quae sint dolore dignissimos. Et quia eligendi tempora dolor totam tempore quasi. Quaerat iste ea non quasi laborum autem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”