I am currently studing Financial business Economics. I live in Toronto, my current GPA is B+ which is 3.3 on a 4.0 scale. I am thinking on doing masters in economics in a top university here in Canada like UofT or McGill, obviously i know i need to get my GPA to an A but i know i can do it. Also i am doing a coop program next year which allows me to work in the financing sector for a year, so i will come out with some experince. I want to know if doing my masters in economics its really worth it and valuable given the current market. is it a competitive post graduate program? or should i just do my CFA. I am also open to other sugestions about other valuable master degrees, Thank you.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+90 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Well that was absolutely hilarious. Haven't seen a CEO dodge questions and come unglued like that since the "asshole" moment from Skilling. Stock's down about 5% after-hours thanks to fraud-boy shitting the bed yet again. I hope some of you are short the stock or long swaps...+48 by GreenspanAndHam in MKT
- Hi everyone, I know there's a megathread for this but that thread doesn't seem to have the most accurate information.
Right now it looks like the following firms have opened their general applications for Summer 2019 SA-
William...+44 by DiscountedSmashFlow in IB
- I am late 20s/early 30s and I have been starting to ponder this question.
I read somewhere that men with spouses make more than men without...I also know that a divorce can tear your wealth into shreds. I know a guy who had 1-1.5MM in the bank in a Low COL area, got divorced, had to pay...+23 by datguy345 in OFF
- Hello Monkeys,
Long time lurker here. Thanks to this site I have been able to work my way into a F500 FP&A Financial Analyst from a complete non-target that could be considered a notch above community college. I am starting at 70K which is solid (low COL city) but I was curious as to what...+19 by scaredmoneydontmakemoney in CF
- The more I mature and expand my scope the more embarrassed I am of my immediate and extended family. I just can no longer ignore or normalize the cyclical nature of their perpetual ignorant decisions, their low culture attitudes & values, adults who don't read anything, exclusively eat...+18 by wsobroski in OFF
- Roommates and I are very close to locking down a unit in Herald Towers. It's a 1br flexed into 3br so we'll have a strip measured 3ft x 9ft for a common space that will probably fit a loveseat and a coffee table and nothing else.
I'll have the smallest room in the apartment,...+17 by aaabbc in OFF
- Just completed the HireVue for JP Morgan IB- FT Role. 7 questions, 30 second preparation, 3 min to record your answer.
Interview Questions for JPM HireVue Interview
Questions will vary based on the position. You can expect some of the following questions:
Why are you a good fit for this...+15 by Pierpont in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- May15Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Chicago, 5/15-5/178:00 to 5:00 EDT Chicago, IL
- May15Podcast: Making a career out of what makes you happy -- Jordan Taylor Wright -- 5/15/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May16Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/16-5/188:00 to 5:00 EDT New York, NY
- May16Choosing the Right B-School presented by mbaMission12:00 to 1:30 EDT Online