Is this role as good as it sounds?
Hey guys, thanks in advance for your input. I currently have the option to switch from Big 4 Audit to M&A (Financial Due Diligence). I've always wanted to switch to FDD due to the nature of the work being more exciting than audit; however, it was mostly with the end goal of leveraging that experience to do corporate dev/strategy after. I just came across a role as a "Strategic Partner Manager" for a well known and fast growing semi-startup and see this as a DREAM job, but I wanted to check for others opinion on whether this is truly a "strategy" role and not simply account managing. Below is a brief description:
We're looking for a Strategic Partner Manager to establish the merchant playbook and build strategic relationships with high-profile partners in order to drive revenue and win at the local level.
What you'll do
• Business Development – Own merchant relationships with our key accounts across your region while effectively addressing merchant concerns
• Strategize – Determine the needs and wants of merchants, prioritize them by impact on the business, and work to co-create solutions
• Implement – Drive new DoorDash merchant initiatives and provide feedback to our Merchant Ops team to continuously improve
• Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgement to test and build the tools and processes needed to serve, retain and grow our most important merchants, ultimately driving them towards operational efficiency and excellence
• Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Operations, and Sales teams to make sure merchants have the best possible experience when using DoorDash's services. This influences the overall product roadmap, making us better each day
• 2-5 years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / account management / sales or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
• Excellent analytical thinker who can create data driven recommendations; proficiency in excel / google sheets preferred
• Deep understanding of how to own and drive a book of business
• Expert communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously