To anyone who's tired of the long hours and sometimes minimal impact an investment banking analyst has on any given pitch / engagement / etc., why not do what I did and become the sole analyst at a fast growing (and newly public) tech company?
The Trade Desk is a programmatic advertising platform that allows ad agencies to access and purchase inventory on almost any website or device on the internet. Accolades we've recently been awarded include: Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 (#55) 2016, Outside's Best Places to Work 2016, Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2017, and "one of the most successful IPOs of 2016." There's still a TON of white space left for us to grow, and due to the current size of the Company (>$2.3BN mkt cap, >580 employees), we'd like to expand the team.
I'm the associate for our finance and strategy team (read: Corp Dev and FP&A), which is currently only the VP and me. We've both come from a background of banking and private equity, and we're looking for a junior banker who not only can do the hardcore analysis, but can also come up with creative ideas of their own to drive profitability and strategic decisions - and present those ideas directly to our C-Suite.
Enough of the sales pitch, here is the job posting on our website - please apply and / or DM me for more details!
We are looking for an ambitious Finance & Strategy Analyst to embark on what we hope will be your dream job! In this role, you will be at the core of influencing the company's financial strategy. You will join a lean team, headed by the VP of FP&A, which works directly with the executive team on a wide array of financial and strategic initiatives. This is a rare opportunity to join a recently-IPO'd tech firm still in hyper-growth mode. Do you love using real world data to create meaningful insights? Do you want to be part of a team that drives your company's financial decisions in a high visibility role? Join us!
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain complex company operating model to drive hiring, investment and other key financial decisions
- Facilitate ongoing top-line forecasts and annual budgeting processes
- Create financial analyses using a wide array of company data to support the executive team's strategic decision making processes
- Design and maintain financial and operating dashboards to help internal teams maximize performance
- Lead monthly financial review meetings, highlighting variance to forecasts with management
- Create presentations for Board of Directors' meetings
- Assist in investor relations duties with our VP of Investor Relations, as needed
- Perform financial due diligence for corporate finance transactions and / or capital raises
- Assist in researching, selecting and implementing new financial planning software packages
- Develop relationships with key internal and external parties
- Other duties, as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 1-4 years of experience
- Experience working in a sophisticated financial role, preferably within investment banking, private equity, venture capital, corporate development, corporate finance, or financial consulting
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts
- Proven track record of building meaningful financial models, including advanced cash flow forecasting and valuation models
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and prioritize tasks effectively in a fast-paced technology company environment
- Exceptional analytical acumen & excellent attention to detail
- Strong business sense, with ability to identify and focus on KPIs
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal), with the ability to present to senior management in a clear, concise manner
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in learning database architecture (SQL, Vertica) and data visualization software
- Inquisitive and self-motivated
- High personal and professional integrity
- Willingness to dig into anything and everything to support the team
Note: The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.