JPMorgan SuperDay

Hello monkeys, I have a superday with JPMC AM/WM in two and a half weeks (Midwestern office). While this is not my first superday (I did one for Northwestern Mutual sophomore year before realizing how awful that firm is), but it is my first superday with a big bank for AM/WM.

I've talked to some friends who've gone through the process, and have a rough idea, but I'm going to be honest, I still feel in the dark about a lot of things.

I was told I can expect questions about the current state of the market and also how I'd deal with certain scenarios (such as how I'd go about constructing a portfolio). However, is there anything else I should expect? Any behavioral questions? Which technicals should I brush up on?

Also dumb question: Currently, I only have a black suit. I don't want to wear it and get dinged, so I'm thinking of renting a navy suit before the interview (I will buy my own navy suit in December). Should I really be worried about that as well?

Basically, I'm a rookie at this, and I'm feeling kind of lost.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Hey Horizon0, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot...do any of these help:

Any pros willing to rescue this discussion? Asatar bullet1985 @s.okumura"

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

I was there for S&T and I haven't heard anything. I had questions which were a lot more technical than what I was expecting - I'm at a liberal arts school and my alumni contacts had told me to prepare stuff about the markets in general, but I had some very technical questions (I told some of them to friends who've interned at top banks and they were really surprised...). As a consequence, I don't think I got it, but I would highly recommend that anyone from a liberal arts background prepares as much as possible on the technical side, especially if not applying through OCR.

Hope this helps you somewhat but I got a call this morning! They told me they can't extend me an offer through the winning women program but I will be put through general recruiting process with the rest of candidates again in January. As far as rejections go though, can't get much better than this since it's not a 100% no so I'm staying positive. Hopefully you get the offer at the end of this week though! :)

Thanks for your comment. Still no word on my side either. I'm wondering if they're just slammed with work and the were weather. My interviewers mentioned that the snow is making them fall behind plus the recruiter who was in charge of it quit few days before we got there. I'll PM you if I hear anything and keep you posted. Good luck!

Deserunt labore est itaque. Modi beatae molestiae illo ut. Provident sed blanditiis assumenda.

Voluptatibus quaerat id culpa quia adipisci dolore unde rerum. Commodi totam rem nihil qui neque occaecati qui.

Unde et tempore ut quia. Voluptas voluptates saepe earum. Non et corporis non esse exercitationem asperiores tenetur. Ducimus facilis eveniet omnis vel ab eos. Repudiandae est excepturi saepe aperiam.

Omnis cumque dolore libero nisi. Possimus enim magnam eligendi totam unde provident. Dolorum aut consequatur qui iste sed ut commodi consequatur. Nobis vitae deleniti impedit est voluptatem qui eligendi magnam. Corporis libero et voluptas alias aut qui distinctio.

Sit aliquam blanditiis quia autem eum. Vel sunt ut sit sint velit inventore magnam reprehenderit. Ipsum expedita eaque assumenda nostrum exercitationem. Architecto cumque quos eos qui cum. Sequi voluptatem qui id non assumenda. Laudantium modi eligendi et soluta voluptatem eveniet impedit. Ratione quasi saepe sequi sequi consequatur quis est.

Sed et eligendi fuga voluptate dolorem molestiae. Labore corporis velit consequatur saepe. Aut et qui ipsum aut omnis. Et quibusdam est ipsa enim facere nulla. Dolor laboriosam omnis laborum accusamus quo.

Voluptatem vero quasi nihil rerum ut consectetur id. At ut distinctio tenetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”