JPM FT 2021 recruiting

The application is up on JPM's website for FT recruiting. Anyone know anything about the process? Seems odd they would post the app before the end of their internships, as I doubt they have any sense of headcount right now.

Also, do people understand how the networking policy at JPM works? I've seen threads on here saying it isn't as important, but is it still worth trying to chat with some people there?

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (139)

• Prospect in S&T - Other
Jun 25, 2020 - 9:08pm

Anyone know if HR between banks talk to each other? I'm looking to apply but scared that it might screw over my chances of getting a return offer from this summer

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in Other
Jun 26, 2020 - 9:25am

Does anyone know why they posted their app before their summer class has even come in yet? Also, does anyone know how their FT process is? Is it group specific and how many people do they generally take?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 26, 2020 - 8:30pm

I checked every full-time graduate open position and they all required permanent working authorizations. Does that mean they do not sponsor international students from 2021?

Jul 14, 2020 - 8:35am

Yeah. It's weird. I've been waiting for it to change or or for other positions to open up that sponsor but nothing so far. When I was applying for JPM internships last year, it didn't have this requirement. I'm not sure if it's always been this way or new this year because of all visa uncertainty. I'm gonna apply anyways and mentally prepare for a rejection

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 29, 2020 - 10:54am

anyone know when interviews come out? are there hirevues/pymetrics same as SA?

Jul 14, 2020 - 10:28pm

I included the tasks/responsibilities that were on the job description, and updated them as I actually had tangible experiences

Array
  • Intern in IB - Ind
Jul 6, 2020 - 3:58pm

I'm Canadian and got flat out rejected :( I don't think they're sponsoring

• Prospect in Other
Jul 13, 2020 - 1:24pm

Anyone have any advice on what I could do to best prepare for the hirevue part of this application? Are the questions that will be asked more targeted to why JP Morgan/why IB?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 13, 2020 - 1:47pm

The HireVue is pretty straight forward- 5 questions, all of which are some variation of 'tell me about a time...' or other super simple behaviorals.

Only other noteworthy thing is that group selection is part of the Hirevue, so just make sure you know what you want when you start it.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 13, 2020 - 4:33pm

you give the top 3. so it asks your first choice, 2nd, and 3rd but it's multiple choice so you do have to pick.

Jul 14, 2020 - 9:23am

Same as they always are: the blow up a balloon game, look at someones facial expression, number memorization, and like 3/4 other games that test your learning, attention, emotions, etc. Takes tops 20 minutes and then you automatically get the HireVue after you finish

Jul 20, 2020 - 9:06pm

Any idea on when we will hear back after completing Hirevue? I assume it won't be until late August when they determine how many offers they are going to be giving to the SA class.

Array

• Quant in AM - Equities
Sep 30, 2020 - 1:18pm

Friend of mine - Ivy, 3.8, even has another BB offer didn't hear anything after the Hirevue. One coverage group just listed one analyst spot, and I know there are only a couple of other groups taking an analyst or two.

Oct 6, 2020 - 1:29pm

Just got email saying over coming weeks they will review hirevues and super days are late october early november. Assuming everyone got this as it seemed super general

• Intern in IB - Ind
Oct 6, 2020 - 1:54pm

Hmm strange I didn't receive a notification like that but will take your word for it

Oct 6, 2020 - 2:31pm

I applied for Markets Full-Time Analyst - Trading, could possibly be a different time table for IB, not entirely sure tbh. I sent in my hirevue a few weeks back. 

• Intern in HF - EquityHedge
Dec 1, 2020 - 12:05am

Not IB, but I had my Superday the week before thanksgiving. I got the invite about a week before.

Nov 24, 2020 - 5:10pm

How long until we hear back from a superday? I had mine last Tuesday and some sort of weird follow up interview on Thursday (CIB risk, not IB)

Nov 30, 2020 - 12:47pm

Wondering the same thing. Do you have any clue if Non IB roles reach out that same week/day? I had a Superday the week before thanksgiving and I haven't heard back.

Dec 1, 2020 - 10:59pm

Just an update for everyone I'm currently at BAML - ML side, been chatting with internal recruiting for our FT21 and basically everyone on the street is looking in house in order to lessen expenses in 2021.. so 21FT is going to be even more selective and limited.. they said BAML won't even start until January: Feb 21

Dec 12, 2020 - 2:27pm

Just curious but has anyone heard anything back about NYC FT whole sale payments? I did the hire Vue months ago but haven't heard anything back besides an email a while ago about them trying to do super days in early December....

Dec 17, 2020 - 12:05am

I don't know whether to assume they got bogged down with other stuff or if we are already denied.  That email in months ago said they wanted to do super days in end of November/early December but I don't even know if that happened

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (208) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (116) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (98) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (429) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (344) $82