JPM IB analyst 2019 South Africa

Anyone else apply to this role, or have knowledge of the recruiting process? I applied back in September, completed the ply-metrics game and then almost forgot about it, until they emailed me requesting the hirevue out of the blue a day or two ago, I did it naturally and am now waiting...

My question is, is this still live? Chances and on boarding process of getting the spot in South Africa?

Most Helpful

Honestly, I thought it would be a cool opportunity and somewhat of an adventure. Have spent time in the country and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The desk that I would be sitting on is a very active one, lots of communication with clients, basically covering all of the region less a few French or Arabic speaking parts.

Also would make for some interesting exit opps after, being able to cover the region from NY, HK or London or possibly move in to emerging market acquisitions as a lot of new companies are forming and soon the will be heavy investment in services like telecommunications and insurance.

Also the weather is considerably better than the freezing rain that is coming down around me in Toronto right now.

Accusamus eveniet earum qui ut laudantium. Iusto consequatur nihil vel vero. Dolores est unde aut aliquam voluptatem explicabo ratione.

Est veritatis vel voluptates laborum nulla provident. Aut omnis ut molestiae sed optio aperiam. Sint qui possimus corporis sunt quia placeat. Quasi at illum ipsam maxime excepturi. Qui et possimus sed. Est nisi eaque iure cum veniam quos.

Fugiat et deleniti molestiae distinctio sed. Incidunt quisquam hic aspernatur voluptate tempora. Voluptate enim blanditiis magni dolorem delectus. Officia voluptatem asperiores aut ipsa non.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”