Keeping up with 2021 SA

Hey monkeys,

I just wanted to post here to make sure that I am applying to the necessary banks and not missing any deadlines for the 2021 SA recruiting season. I have seen posts on here saying people from non-targets and non-diversity already have first rounds from places, so let's help out the community and compile an updated list of what's going on in regards to recruiting at these firms. Feel free to comment which places you have applied to and when the deadlines are if you know them (or feel free to pm me if you are a rising junior going through the process as well)

Most Helpful

Applied to: GS, BAML, Barclays, RBC (target)

Superday'd yesterday at RBC, typical behavioral and technical questions (walk me thru DCF), but the end got tricky with a thinking on your feet question. They had me walk around my yard on Zoom trying to find the tree most optimal for Maple syrup production and my reasoning behind my decision. I picked a 25 ft oak tree and the VP criticized my critical analysis skills. Haven't heard back yet but fingers crossed.

Nice, maybe the VP was just trying to see how you'd react to an uncomfortable situation. I (non-target) have applied to Baird and Greenhill for first rounds and haven't heard anything back. I just really don't wanna miss out on the application dates and it would be nice for us to come together and help each other out so we can all be prepared for them and not be too late to the game.

Are BAML and Goldman open for non-targets too? I tried looking online and on my schools handshake, couldn’t find anything for BAML/GS

CreditSuisse and Citi are both available for non targets I believe. Not sure about the other places, but are there any notable banks that have their deadline coming up? Like people post meaningless rankings threads all of the time, how about somewhere that is solely the info like when the banks open, when their deadline is, etc. It would actually be really helpful I feel.

Excepturi ut sed aut et ab. Ut ducimus non vel dolorem voluptates animi. Ullam delectus tempore suscipit explicabo delectus aperiam provident. In repudiandae tenetur sunt sunt non illum nihil.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”