they want to feel better about themselves for not landing a gig with KKR

Maybe it’s generally helpful to know a company’s hiring preferences.

is this true? I've only seen one DI athlete, a girl at H

At lease two H athletes. Yeah the one you mentioned is one.

KKR also has an incoming Ross analyst who is an URM. Non-athlete.

The is the case all over finance. At my BB internship, a ridiculous percentage of the class was division 1 athletes. At my PE internship, tons of the firms analysts and associates were athletes. For whatever reason, athletes are seriously overrepresented in finance. I think its a work ethic thing (if you can balance sports and school, chances are you know how to manage your time and won't have a breakdown working 80 hours a week). Also its a self-fulfilling prophecy now, as former athletes are going to look more highly at a current college athlete during the hiring process.

This is the first year that KKR is running an organized Analyst program, and it's essentially a diversity program (barring a few exceptions). Each group only took 1-2 analysts, if any.

I'm sure the experience is still fantastic and all their incoming analysts are more tha qualified, but it's by no means "the top finance kids" exclusively.

wow, there's no A2A promotion at all? Will exits all pretty much be to HF then? I know someone mentioned it's difficult to move from one MF to another

This is false lol. They've literally said that they would like Analysts to stay on assuming they perform well. They are not going to guarantee an associate promotion prior to even getting there lmao. This program takes some of the very top talent out of undergrad. Everyone stop being butthurt that you couldn't land it

Isn’t there a study showing that they benefit the most from the affirmative action initiatives put in place to help racial minorities?

This is not true. I'm currently in the process for KKR's 2021 Analyst program and everyone I have spoken to have specifically said that the aim is for all Analysts to be promoted to Associate. The feeling I got is that you'd have to be pretty terrible as an Analyst for this not to happen. Otherwise what's the point of the 2 years they are training you? Of course they want you to stay and rise up in the firm, not send you off after 2 years and instead hire some other banker who they only get to meet for 24 hours in an insanely rushed process

Omnis inventore ipsa illo aut similique. Fugiat cupiditate ut consequatur aperiam. Sequi dolor quod eveniet perferendis. Asperiores ipsa consequatur velit excepturi quia et blanditiis. Sit eos velit et iure.

In vel voluptas aut dolor voluptatem. Sit dicta quibusdam iusto placeat et.

Consequatur ex sunt ducimus aliquam accusantium quasi natus. Perferendis saepe aut cupiditate voluptas ut nihil unde. Neque omnis quos optio in est. Odit velit nostrum et placeat deserunt velit mollitia.

Tenetur possimus expedita amet laborum. Quae repellendus quaerat enim. Aspernatur magni quas minima et numquam ea eos. Quam quisquam eveniet quia.

Velit qui facilis nostrum distinctio nihil consequatur. Eius fuga vel atque culpa ut et alias.

Ex quo ea delectus quis. Beatae non sint doloremque dolor officiis rem. Aut illum cupiditate qui. Id nostrum eius tempora laudantium aut dolorem ut. Rerum ut a nisi consequuntur molestiae. Et consequatur eum ea quos velit et occaecati voluptates. Sed vero vel enim ex modi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $266
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”