Funniest

ultimate goal to make it to heaven is go to h ug, freshman intern in pwm, sophmore diversity, junior gs sa. ft gs analyst, top bucket 2 years. go to pe then hbs then be an associate then die

The goal in life is to treat others as they want to be treated.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

for me its to live forever, don't care what form 

I like just fucking about with my time/day

Peter Thiel, Jeff Bezos and the quest for immortality

The billionaires’ race to reconfigure death is the latest manifestation of a timeless human fascination

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/681fa287-f9ff-47f3-9f44…

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

So you want to lynch liberals?  I'm assuming "people's justice" means something not through the judicial system

In any reasonable military tribunal, conspiring with a foreign power against your own state gets you a healthy death sentence for treason. I don't need lynching and even less vandalism. I'm thinking more like a Nurnberg trial equivalent for anyone in power coming up with things like covid passports.

Though liberals are coming pretty close to deserve a full blown revolution. If covid passports turn out to be the path towards personal carbon allowances, then an orwellian tyranny like that must be ousted by any means necessary.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

In that case you'd be executing the governments of pretty much every state and the entire top military brass since they have vaccine mandates for enlisting in the military and enrolling in schools.  

And lol @ someone advocating for mass state sanctioned murder using the word "Orwellian"

How many people have you liberals murdered in the Middle East and Central Asia in the name of gay rights and gender studies?

A couple of millions?

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

The vast majority of civilian casualties in those countries are caused by the same militant groups who oppress those women.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/07/1096382

Second of all, feminism in Afghanistan is far different than in the US.  What if you were born there and sold into sexual slavery?  The taliban uses that as a recruitment tool.  And no, I don’t support the US intervention.

Third, you dodged the question of how mass murders towards people who you think violate your freedoms isn’t violating freedom in and of itself

Lolz the liberal interventionist foreign policy for the Middle East of the past 30 years has gone through:

-We need Al Qaeda to fight the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. (Literally the New York Times).

-We need to defeat AL Qaeda because they attacked us

-We need Al Qaeda to oust Assad

-Al Qaeda are the bad guys (again).

The flow of money that has gone to Islamic terrorists has always had its roots in liberal foreign policy. This also includes the violence that happened in Europe. The most demented combination of foreign policy and immigration policy ever: let's fuck up the Middle East and then invite millions of people in Europe to make Europe multicultural, because that will never, ever mean bringing the problems we create in the ME to Europe. Ever. Unforgivable.

And I don't have to reply to dishonest questions..

Let me also be clear.

There are 3 groups of people.

- The Talibans, who might have medieval beliefs, but when they talk about war, they fight it themselves.

- the working class Americans, aka the MAGA hats, the patriotic ones who thought their country was attacked by bad people and went to die to defend it.

- the liberals: Thomas Friedman, David Frum, Bill Kristol etc. People who don't fight, never face repercussions for what they advocate. People who lied to working class Americans to send them to die on the other side of the fucking planet and when the latter said ''we are not doing this anymore'', the liberals turned on them, and started the same demonization they did against Muslims to justify violence against them, now against their former meat shields. They also somehow think that importing new people from disparate countries will replenish the manpower of meat shields.

Out of these 3 groups, only one is certainly evil. Only one are certified mass murderers. Only one are liars, backstabbers, traitors. The last one. And you don't think they deserve a Nurnberg trial? Lmao.

You're not clear, the Taliban is a militant group responsible for the most casualties in Afghanistan, more than ISIS or other terror groups, and they sheltered Al-Qaeda as they plotted the 9/11 terror attacks.  They also sell women into slavery and use this as a recruitment tool.  Total fucking scumbags.  And you whine about how the US wanted more rights for women and LGBT but what if you were born gay or female in Afghanistan?  Can you not put yourself in anyone else's shoes?

Second of all, one of the people you listed is a centrist while the other two, and almost all the bush cadres, are conservative.  If you were around back then you'd probably want Bush to drop the nukes but since the war went badly you moved the goalposts and said "no they're libs".  And the MAGA people didn't end the war, Trump actually sent in more troops for his first two years and passed the withdrawal over to his successor cause he was too much of a pussy. 

You liberals are the fucking aggressors in the Middle East. Not any group that pops up standing for their respective country and culture. You are the ones causing millions of deaths. Not them. That liberal retard Milley just killed 10 innocent people with drone strike a few days ago. This is all on you. All of you.

All the people I listed spout hatred against conservatives 24/7 from the Washington Post or the New York Times. They are your guys. Indeed, they are sociopathic scum.

It's also fucking hilarious how disgustingingly hypocritical you are:

-your entire theology is that white people are evil because ''colonialism'' and they destroyed ''native cultures'' centuries ago

-but you, Wh*te liberal, have the right to invade other countries and force your values onto them, because unlike others, you are the good guys

Ever figured that... that's exactly how those Europeans were thinking? Just like the followers of Mohammad etc...You just replaced Christianity or Islam with... turning kids into trannies so that you can have sex with them, which actually makes you the most evil people ever. The woke pedophile empire.

That’s a blatantly incorrect view.  The US supported the Mujahideen, which was generally opposed to the USSR, which later broke off into the Islamist Taliban, which then gave shelter to Al Qaeda.

The US also supported the rebels in Syria, which were a distinct group from ISIS which also opposed the government.  

But this is in line with research findings about Right Wing Authoritarians: they have a lower IQ and have trouble grasping the complexity of the world, giving them very simplistic and black-and-white views

Drumpfy

That's a blatantly incorrect view.  The US supported the Mujahideen, which was generally opposed to the USSR, which later broke off into the Islamist Taliban, which then gave shelter to Al Qaeda.

The US also supported the rebels in Syria, which were a distinct group from ISIS which also opposed the government.  

But this is in line with research findings about Right Wing Authoritarians: they have a lower IQ and have trouble grasping the complexity of the world, giving them very simplistic and black-and-white views

Are they? Hmmm...https://historyofyesterday.com/the-results-of-the-nazi-iq-tests-c3a5e44…

Trust me liberal, you really, really want to stay as far away from IQ discussions as possible. IQ is overrated anyway.

Of course people like Hitler and Goebbels were master propagandists and were much smarter than the average Joe.  But the Jews did not cause Germany to lose WW1 nor did they cause the economic troubles that followed, that's an easy scapegoat for a complex problem and anyone with half a brain could figure out it was fake.

Few humans want to live longer than they have to. We all “lead lives of quiet desperation,” or so it goes: struggling to make ends meet, trudging through debt, unable to afford healthcare, being ugly/unwanted sexually, having too low an IQ to succeed, getting 4 hours of sleep for a job for which we feel nothing and cannot justify; we are nothing but affectless sacks of meat whose lives in the end amount to absolutely nothing. Majority of humans are depressed, suffering from cancer, obese, have sleep apnea, physically unfit, sexually impotent, low IQ; having none of the qualities conducive to long lives of happiness. Sorry, but I just don’t see how anyone can unironically have an idealistic outlook on humankind. I’m lucky to be where I am and who I am, yet even I find it difficult amid my job of busywork and paper pushing to find a clear and penetrating reason to live.

Even with a menial job, after decades of work you should have enough saved up to live well for a long time through just passive dividends and if life span wasn't an issue, you have a whole healthy life ahead of you. Of course this is obviously far far far from the case today and working till you're 60 and have hip issues is deemed okay by society, so I don't disagree with you there on your other points you made

"Few humans want to live longer than they have to"

Citation really really really needed.  Smells like incel nonsense: “I’m sad :((((( everyone else who is fat stupid old and ugly must be doing even worse”

In Ancient Greece, some men lived well into their 80s and 90s... the problem isn't living longer, it's how to live longer so you're not immobilized while you're in old age. But living forever isn't the answer. Achilles in "Troy" broke it down best, "The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal. Because any moment might be our last. Everything's more beautiful because we're doomed": 

Most Helpful

Let's be realistic here:

Nobody lives for ever, no one. But with advances in modern science, and my high level of income, it's not crazy to think that my natural life expectancy is around 250, maybe 300. We're already at the point where we can transplant failing organs. Do you know what that means?

But I'm a powerball man. I like my odds. Let's extend this further. With exercise and a healthy diet, I can stretch that 300-year lifespan out to 350. By then, it'll be the 2370s. By then, I'll have augmented myself technologically with a human-like endoskeleton and could realistically push myself into the 700s. Now we're in the 2720s. The 26th century baby, but I'm not done yet. Taking advantage of faster than light travel, I'd move to live near a massive gravity well (maybe a supermassive backhole), and time dilation will push me out to well over 1000 years old relative to mortal civilians.

Now here's the kicker. This entire time I'll have been meditating and honing the dark arts. By the time I make it to the 31st century, I'll have mastered the ability to transcend the temporal plane and exit space-time entirely. 

Forget centuries, my lifespan will be measured in terms of eons and ages. I am the Reclaimer and claim my domain over Agartha.

"Work ethic, work ethic" - Vince Vaughn

Have fun every day and spend time with people you love/enjoy being with. Life can get snatched away from you in a second and you never want to have gone out having regretted not doing something. I'm fortunate that I make great money and all but sure I want to be worth in the hundreds of millions to billions. However, if and when I do reach that, it'll not have been because I tortured myself doing awful shit I don't want to do with people I hate being with.

Not to be overly critical but I think there’s a significant disconnect between seeking to be worth a billion dollars and believing life is about enjoying moments with people you care about

Yeah I mean my point wasn't to say that achieving billionaire status will be as easy as what I wrote. My point was more just that despite what I'd want to achieve, I wouldn't want to sacrifice having fun or being happy in lieu of seeking riches.

The goal is to meet as many people as possible, listen as many personal stories as possible and do a lot of different crazy things to have some good memories in my 80s.

I do not see any big goal in life for now, but I am sure that in my 70s I will understand what live is about but it will be too late to do many things. So for now just do things, do not try to analyze them because you will get to that point in some decades.

jonjonsnow

What's your dream house like

On the beach with a lap pool, hot tub, and swim up bar with a brick oven for pizzas.

Three structures, center one is split into 1/3 - 2/3 with kitchen, walk through pantry and bathroom in the 1/3 and living area/dining in the 2/3, deck on the back has dining/sitting space, grill and outdoor kitchen. Two wings on either side that are detached and about 80% the size of the main structure. Left one is master suite, mechanical space, laundry room, home office. Right one is 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The goal is to keep it to under 2k SF, I'm not trying to have a mansion, just a nice getaway and reasonably fit as many people in as I can.

Honestly I wanna work my way up in banking and save/invest a lot of my money until 60/70 years old, then I want to move to india where the cost of living is nowhere near the US except in real estate. Labor is dirt cheap too. Ill build a mansion and hire servants and stuff and live a lavish life. Being a second generation indian, I want to reconnect to my roots eventually. I could have real estate in the US bringing in money, and that money would go a long way in india. 

Quas labore repellendus non eos a dolore. Omnis sint iure et aut labore porro quas.

Ab repellat aut nemo saepe consequatur est. Non eaque vero nihil voluptas. Repellat velit sunt labore cupiditate incidunt corporis quod. Repellendus sunt quia itaque quas. Totam voluptatibus aliquid maxime eos similique.

Iste reiciendis qui id error veritatis et inventore consequatur. Incidunt rerum doloremque voluptatem est modi reprehenderit qui. Quos dolorem odio voluptatibus consequatur ipsa autem. Aliquid voluptatem dolor possimus iusto ut. Expedita dolorem quasi repellendus maxime provident blanditiis. In repellendus error optio autem et. Voluptatibus est est aut et amet nesciunt.

Accusamus qui officiis libero enim laudantium. Cupiditate laborum officiis voluptatem itaque totam aut in molestias.

Sunt eum quibusdam autem aut eum dolorem ut magnam. Molestiae sed saepe mollitia itaque eos corporis. Enim molestias aut quod aperiam inventore et. Rerum qui dolor sint nobis nostrum.

Labore dicta qui expedita aut et quis. Aut placeat ut perspiciatis officiis est. In ad voluptas delectus cumque consequatur illo. Nobis non accusamus qui omnis earum excepturi nobis.

Nam quia fuga alias quibusdam. Error sit ipsum earum commodi et odio sunt. Voluptatem deserunt officia nam iure aut est quos. Dolores vitae aut aut ut in aliquam. Rem voluptas sunt occaecati enim assumenda illo nisi. Omnis voluptatem molestiae eaque ipsum odio nulla et.

Explicabo sit dolorem dolore eveniet nesciunt. Dolor et eligendi ut tempore voluptatem sunt. Sint voluptatem iusto soluta et. Accusamus ut consectetur officia sed et amet. Omnis dignissimos id expedita assumenda et nam incidunt. Nisi atque sed dolorem est veniam. Corrupti neque veniam voluptatem illo.

Est voluptates id ipsam doloribus aut accusantium illum. Ratione dolores perferendis exercitationem laborum. Dolor aliquam sit dolorem dolores quibusdam.

Voluptas dolorem sint enim rem perspiciatis animi ea. Aliquid voluptatem omnis reprehenderit illum distinctio vel. Quo veniam quia qui placeat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”