Life Goal

What is the ultimate goal of life? Have anyone ever thought about this? Do you believe in afterlife?

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (81)

• Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
Sep 15, 2021 - 4:10pm

loves it, highly anticipating the sweet embrace of the grave x

Sep 15, 2021 - 1:55pm

The goal in life is to treat others as they want to be treated.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Sep 16, 2021 - 1:49pm

All about that golden rule

Quant (ˈkwÀnt) n: An expert, someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Sep 22, 2021 - 1:30am

Golden Rule and Golden Ratio

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Oct 1, 2021 - 9:23am

family is from there and I visit a lot but haven't been there for a while

Quant (ˈkwÀnt) n: An expert, someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Sep 15, 2021 - 9:34pm

Peter Thiel, Jeff Bezos and the quest for immortality

The billionaires' race to reconfigure death is the latest manifestation of a timeless human fascination

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/681fa287-f9ff-47f3-9f44-c0736ee0ab53

Sep 15, 2021 - 4:16pm

Seeing liberals face people's justice.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

Sep 17, 2021 - 10:27am

In any reasonable military tribunal, conspiring with a foreign power against your own state gets you a healthy death sentence for treason. I don't need lynching and even less vandalism. I'm thinking more like a Nurnberg trial equivalent for anyone in power coming up with things like covid passports.

Though liberals are coming pretty close to deserve a full blown revolution. If covid passports turn out to be the path towards personal carbon allowances, then an orwellian tyranny like that must be ousted by any means necessary.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Sep 15, 2021 - 4:37pm

Few humans want to live longer than they have to. We all "lead lives of quiet desperation," or so it goes: struggling to make ends meet, trudging through debt, unable to afford healthcare, being ugly/unwanted sexually, having too low an IQ to succeed, getting 4 hours of sleep for a job for which we feel nothing and cannot justify; we are nothing butΒ affectless sacks of meat whose lives in the end amount to absolutely nothing. Majority of humans are depressed, suffering from cancer, obese, have sleep apnea, physically unfit, sexually impotent, low IQ; having none of the qualities conducive to long lives of happiness. Sorry, but I just don't see how anyone can unironically have an idealistic outlook on humankind. I'm lucky to be where I am and who I am, yet even I find it difficult amid my job of busywork and paper pushing to find a clear and penetrating reason to live.

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Sep 15, 2021 - 4:40pm

Even with a menial job, after decades of work you should have enough saved up to live well for a long time through just passive dividends and if life span wasn't an issue, you have a whole healthy life ahead of you. Of course this is obviously far far far from the case today and working till you're 60 and have hip issues is deemed okay by society, so I don't disagree with you there on your other points you made

Sep 17, 2021 - 12:07pm

"Few humans want to live longer than they have to"

Citation really really really needed. Β Smells like incel nonsense: "I'm sad :((((( everyone else who is fat stupid old and ugly must be doing even worse"

Sep 16, 2021 - 11:18am

In Ancient Greece, some men lived well into their 80s and 90s... the problem isn't living longer, it's how to live longer so you're not immobilized while you're in old age. But living forever isn't the answer. Achilles in "Troy" broke it down best, "The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal. Because any moment might be our last.Β Everything's more beautiful because we're doomed":Β 

Sep 16, 2021 - 1:50pm

I need to get blasted drunk and watch this movie again.

Most Helpful
Sep 16, 2021 - 6:08pm

Let's be realistic here:

Nobody lives for ever, no one. But with advances in modern science, and my high level of income, it's not crazy to think that my natural life expectancy is around 250, maybe 300. We're already at the point where we can transplant failing organs. Do you know what that means?

But I'm a powerball man. I like my odds. Let's extend this further. With exercise and a healthy diet, I can stretch that 300-year lifespan out to 350. By then, it'll be the 2370s. By then, I'll have augmented myself technologically with a human-like endoskeleton and could realistically push myself into the 700s. Now we're in the 2720s. The 26th century baby, but I'm not done yet. Taking advantage of faster than light travel, I'd move to live near a massive gravity well (maybe a supermassive backhole), and time dilation will push me out to well over 1000 years old relative to mortal civilians.

Now here's the kicker. This entire time I'll have been meditating and honing the dark arts. By the time I make it to the 31st century, I'll have mastered the ability to transcend the temporal plane and exit space-time entirely.Β 

Forget centuries, my lifespan will be measured in terms of eons and ages. I am the Reclaimer and claim my domain over Agartha.

"Work ethic, work ethic" - Vince Vaughn

Sep 17, 2021 - 1:58pm

lol

Sep 17, 2021 - 2:00pm

SPX

Ball. Ball is life.

Skew ball?

Sep 17, 2021 - 2:00pm

*skee ball?

Sep 17, 2021 - 3:09am

Have fun every day and spend time with people you love/enjoy being with. Life can get snatched away from you in a second and you never want to have gone out having regretted not doing something. I'm fortunate that I make great money and all but sure I want to be worth in the hundreds of millions to billions. However, if and when I do reach that, it'll not have been because I tortured myself doing awful shit I don't want to do with people I hate being with.

Sep 17, 2021 - 11:38pm

Not to be overly critical but I think there's a significant disconnect between seeking to be worth a billion dollars and believing life is about enjoying moments with people you care about

Sep 22, 2021 - 12:31am

Yeah I mean my point wasn't to say that achieving billionaire status will be as easy as what I wrote. My point was more just that despite what I'd want to achieve, I wouldn't want to sacrifice having fun or being happy in lieu of seeking riches.

Sep 17, 2021 - 7:35am

The goal is to meet as many people as possible, listen as many personal stories as possible and do a lot of different crazy things to have some good memories in my 80s.

I do not see any big goal in life for now, but I am sure that in my 70s I will understand what live is about but it will be too late to do many things. So for now just do things, do not try to analyze them because you will get to that point in some decades.

Sep 17, 2021 - 2:02pm

jonjonsnow

What's your dream house like

On the beach with a lap pool, hot tub, and swim up bar with a brick oven for pizzas.

Sep 17, 2021 - 2:37pm

Three structures, center one is split into 1/3 - 2/3 with kitchen, walk through pantry and bathroom in the 1/3 and living area/dining in the 2/3, deck on the back has dining/sitting space, grill and outdoor kitchen. Two wings on either side that are detached and about 80% the size of the main structure. Left one is master suite, mechanical space, laundry room, home office. Right one is 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The goal is to keep it to under 2k SF, I'm not trying to have a mansion, just a nice getaway and reasonably fit as many people in as I can.

Sep 17, 2021 - 2:07pm

Reproduce and consume resources until something consumes you. As soon as you realize the meaninglessness of it the sooner you can live in the moment a la AchillesΒ 

Sep 17, 2021 - 2:29pm

To spend as much of my money, time, and resources making myself (and no one else) happy as much as I can.

Array

Sep 17, 2021 - 10:55pm

Making VP in IB required a series of selfish choices as well, didn't it?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Sep 17, 2021 - 3:09pm

Honestly I wanna work my way up in banking and save/invest a lot of my money until 60/70 years old, then I want to move to india where the cost of living is nowhere near the US except in real estate. Labor is dirt cheap too. Ill build a mansion and hire servants and stuff and live a lavish life. Being a second generation indian, I want to reconnect to my roots eventually. I could have real estate in the US bringing in money, and that money would go a long way in india.Β 

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Sep 18, 2021 - 2:53am

Placeat consequuntur rerum ut reiciendis. Perferendis natus distinctio suscipit quas voluptate quod. Error porro rerum natus quis dolores ea error. Modi accusantium iste doloribus possimus dignissimos. Veniam impedit non magni labore quam. Ullam reprehenderit aut dolores ratione excepturi omnis in.

Sep 18, 2021 - 9:56am

Tenetur quia enim eveniet sunt placeat aspernatur necessitatibus inventore. Dolores nostrum sed laboriosam assumenda consequatur. Sed esse debitis quia sint autem aut ex. Similique nobis et a explicabo impedit deserunt deleniti.

Beatae et eos animi molestias nulla dolores beatae. Ipsa dolor numquam quia iure quas. Fuga ut praesentium omnis. Assumenda nihil in consequatur optio voluptate voluptas recusandae. Laboriosam illo eius fugit enim natus aut nesciunt necessitatibus. Sequi error eaque voluptas dolores sunt iste vel.

Quos minus eum molestiae aut omnis voluptas atque consequuntur. Earum omnis architecto deserunt ipsa. Qui distinctio et quaerat doloremque accusamus nam. Est ullam optio dolor temporibus qui voluptatum.

Sep 18, 2021 - 10:25pm

Quos aut earum ab laudantium natus ut. Sit ratione perspiciatis voluptas dignissimos occaecati ipsum. Neque minus sed laboriosam placeat. Assumenda iste voluptatibus id.

Qui dolor officiis velit quaerat totam eos nisi. In temporibus cum eum et id pariatur at eaque. Illum corporis iure quod.

Aliquid facilis qui sit voluptatum. Adipisci cum temporibus suscipit adipisci dignissimos iste. Qui est ut velit sit. Quod aut voluptas velit dicta iste explicabo. Eos labore ullam numquam omnis.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

December 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (236) $235
  • 2nd Year Analyst (145) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (515) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (396) $84