Time is the ultimate precious commodity in finance.
We never seem to have enough, and no one wants their life to start falling apart.
What life tips have you guys found to keep life glued together while working stupid hours?
Keen to learn.
Some of my tips:
* Keep a giant jug of dry whole rolled oats in my desk, and a glass Tupperware. When there's no time to go out to eat lunch or dinner (I don't want to order unhealthy food) I just pour oats into the glass Tupperware and microwave up a low-fat meal in 5 minutes.
- Keep a fully packed suitcase with fresh clothes and toiletries in the office, and another one at home. That way if I have to travel on short notice, I don't need to go home and pack. Keep a pair of minimalist barefoot running shoes in my luggage so I can hit a run while on business travel. I also have an extra battery for charging up the cell phone, a spare cell phone, and cables and adapters in there.
- Exercise efficiently every morning. I have ditched the gym in favor of a few kettlebells. They are versatile and I can get in a decent workout in the morning even if time is short. I have a Tabata timer on the cellphone, and can burn out a HIIT workout pretty quickly.
- I use virtual assistants from the Philippines for non-sensitive work / personal work.
- I've got my VAs well trained now, to look up email addresses in hunter.io . So when I go to a conference, I just give them the link of the conference agenda, have them spreadsheet out the attendees, then I go into Google Sheets and highlight the people I want to meet, and the VAs get me their email addresses and set up meetings for me.
- Fundraising and networking: I use versions of a mass-mailing app inside of Chrome, which integrates into Google Sheets. That way I've got the list of clients / LPs / prospects all good to go, so when I know I'm going into a city, I can just efficiently get the word out to many people at once, and start setting up meetings.
- For our family's own rental properties, we get a 'second-hand landlord' who pays us a flat fee for renting from us, does his own redecorating and tenanting work, subdivides the units, and then charges a premium rent. That way we collect the rent quarterly, and he handles everything else. Easy, even tho we're leaving some $ on the table.
- Have a QR code as my phone's wallpaper, that links to my contact info and chat application links (Wechat, Linkedin, Whatsapp). That way I'm a button-push away from linking w/ folks.
- I have soundproof construction headset to block out office chatter so I can actually get some work done
- A lot of my bank and brokerage accounts now use Google Authenticator. So when I enable the Authenticator by scanning QR codes, I use both my regular and spare phone to scan the QR code at the same time. That way if I lose my main phone, I'm not locked of all of my accounts.
Keen to learn from you guys what your hacks are.