Live in CW, work in the City - it's not as bad to live in as you think. Really nice, practically brand new flats that are pretty affordable to rent on an IB salary (especially at the moment), more to do in terms of shopping, restaurants etc and pretty well connected to central London with the jubilee line and dlr. Will say if you're working in CW it may feel a bit like you never leave the office however. 

Used to live in E14 - I would say don't do it if you want any form of social life. there isn't much going on there, and the other neighborhoods aren't great (tower hamlets, anyone?).

Only live there if you want to be in walking distance to the office, and if you really want to see your office day and night.

Otherwise there are decent places in London where you can estimate good commute times.

Most Helpful

Lively music scene, bars, pubs and restaurants if some places a bit try hard with a mixed crowd of 20s and 30s: Shoreditch and Hoxton. Good time commute with the overground (air conditioned as a bonus) and change at Canada Water.

Good pubs and restaurants, more of an older crowd, possibly walking to work in the summer, more family vibe: Bermondsey / London Bridge / Borough

Soulless, chain restaurants, shopping centres, no vibe, easy commute, cheaper and modern apartments: Stratford / Canary Wharf

Grad central so super young crowd, posh hotties and rugby boys everywhere, great nightlife, basically student town for professionals, long commute on the disgusting northern line: Clapham / Balham

Like Clapham but more vibey, less twats, better music scene: Brixton.

If you don’t like any of the nightlife etc Wapping is really nice and probably walking distance but not much going on.

Edit: why the fuck does the formatting on the app suck so much

Slightly related, do you have any good (preferably healthy) food delivery recommendations? In London

Aside from Tower Bridge and CW - are there any areas with an abundance of more modern apartment buildings? 
Doesn't have to be over-the-top fancy but I've come to appreciate places with good facilities (gym, pool).

More importantly, I can't stand old carpets anymore: particularly after working from home for a prolonged period ... 

So far, I've only found them in TB and CW ... 

Consectetur voluptatum velit quae. Quaerat aut a nostrum non nisi. Omnis dolores deserunt quibusdam quaerat quia et dolorem.

Pariatur reprehenderit et incidunt. Occaecati ratione at provident reiciendis et natus. Ea sapiente qui molestias sit. Sint error et placeat quasi earum rem.

Aspernatur non maiores nesciunt in. Magnam ipsum ipsum est ut. Eum rerum molestiae expedita ea velit nostrum. Quisquam est modi voluptas facilis. Ad porro vero et et suscipit sit voluptatibus. Aut iusto laborum autem rem eveniet enim corrupti.

Quo molestias iste id voluptatem aliquam ipsa doloribus. Reiciendis alias omnis accusamus. Id consectetur quaerat quasi ea omnis dolore accusantium id. Quas ea enim qui cupiditate. Sit voluptatibus eius alias.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”