Comments (11)

Mar 3, 2019

It's just about networking at this point.

Mar 3, 2019

You've done a lot of good work and are very active. Network a ton. Get good at conversation (not just business based but in general). In other words, become interesting, not just interested (not assuming you're not).

You'll find recruiters are more interested in candidates they like as people, not just stats.

Mar 3, 2019

Majority of my networking calls have gone well, but I haven't been able to truly make personal connections - usually it's the same game throughout (we both give backgrounds > I ask questions> they give me career advice) - is there any tips you have to be more interesting and make more of a connection?

Mar 3, 2019

just become good at (simply requires practice - maybe with your school career counselors, family, friends, professors, etc) discussing things outside of pure business. Hobbies, passions, etc. When someone asks you about yourself, work the non business stuff into your bio.

Mar 3, 2019

Take off consulting club if your going IB. Having that is basically giving your interviewer a free pass to grill you on why not consulting. Then obviously elaborate more on the two finance clubs. For the investment club, if your confident in your stock pitches, maybe throw some specific companies you pitched in the bullets. This usually yields a question about the company from your interviewer and if you actually pitched the compnay before and did a real analysis it should be cake walk. Also, even if you internship is still going on, all bullet points should be in past tense (straight from WSO guide). Honestly 4 internships is plenty so I would lose the consulting one. Elaborate more on the BB, PE, and research one

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Mar 3, 2019

I kind of want to leave the consulting club on there because it's something I'm passionate about (community service, helping non-profits) - thoughts?

I'll definitely try to include specific stocks I've pitched in the investment club experience - thank you.

Mar 3, 2019

"GPA" is vague - is that your cumulative or major? Also, it looks a lot better if you put "3.70/4.00" in my opinion

You are a sophomore... and yet you have 5 internships... well done.

Mar 3, 2019

"Incoming Investment Banking Summer Analyst" ... I knew this was a trend amongst college kids on LinkedIn but resumes now too?

Mar 3, 2019

I think it's totally acceptable to do this on a resume these days given how recruiting has accelerated/most relevant experience hasn't been completed before starting recruitment. Definitely super cheesy to put it on your LinkedIn, though

Mar 3, 2019

You analyzed 500+ companies PER WEEK in your search fund internship?

That's the first point I would ask you about as an interviewer. Given you did this internship for about 20 weeks, that would mean you "analyzed" over 10,000 companies - which I would find extremely hard to believe, so it comes across as an exaggeration which then leads to doubt around multiple other data points on your resume. Now, maybe your an absolute machine and you actually did thorough analysis for 10,000 companies over the course of 4 months - in that case just have a good answer prepared because I guarantee you people will try to grill you for this. Otherwise, I'd consider toning it down and being a little more realistic with your representation of the internship.

Overall your resume will put you in good shape. You've done most of the hard work, now just do the easy stuff right (technicals, networking, ironing out the resume, etc.) and you'll end up with an offer.

Mar 3, 2019
Comment