Hi everyone, I am a first year student and I was recently told about the London School of Economics Emerging Markets Forum.
I cannot find any feedback or thoughts on the event, apart from Facebook reviews. I am fairly new and I don't know about all events and having in mind I can only go to 1 or 2 a year, should I sign up and attend? Is this one of the must visits or is it BS?
Thank you in advance.
Hi Anonymous Monkey, upload your resume and land a job
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Working 55-60 hour weeks every week of the year has made me forget what it feels like having a 9-5 job. So those who do, what does it feel like?+48 by Pizz in OFF
- Any questions on life in finance in Hong Kong? AMA
i've been here since 2005, worked in IBD, and then PE.
It's been a while, but happy to help if anyone has questions.
* While for many jobs language skills aren't specified as mandatory per se, to actually be...+26 by earthwalker7 in OFF
- I'm wondering when you decided to have kids and how it affected your career. Was there a point at which you felt ready to have a family? Did some of you start off wanting children and then decide not to, or vice versa? I know that family life is traded off with a career in finance in the...+22 by paradeit in OFF
- Hello all. Long time lurker here who recently "made it" by winning a summer offer for 2019 at a top independent advisory shop (think EVR/CVP/PWP). I want to reflect on my experience recruiting and hopefully help out some prospective monkeys in the process.
My background- I currently...+22 by NonTarget Scrub in IB
- I guess there are two sides to these kinds of stories: the geniuses that used their intelligence to achieve big things in their careers/lives and the ones that didn't.
The terms "genius" and "prodigy" are used pretty loosely these days so I guess the answers to this...+19 by ColdCaller in OFF
- What is the biggest mistake you've made on the job? Curious to see how bad things have gone and how they were handled. +19 by Commissions and fees in RE
- Dear fellow monkeys,
I've been meaning to write this for a month or so now, but hadn't gotten around to it. The reason I felt I had to was because it could be of some use and/or inspiration to many of you out there still looking for a job, and just so you know, there is hope for...+16 by George87 in SCSS
- Earlier this month, I asked what you guys thought would be obsolete ten years from now
It got a shit ton of responses so going off of that, what do you are you surprised is still relevant today?
I'll start it off - I'm surprised that there are still people in the workforce that...+16 by dc22 in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Oct15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Oct15Webinar: IB Deal Walkthrough: JuiceCo (Part 1) -- 9pm ET, 10/15/189:00 to 11:00 EDT Online
- Oct16Podcast: Taking rational risk in exchange for ridiculous reward -- Ben Narasin -- 10/1612:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Oct17Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 10/17-10/198:00 to 5:00 EDT Online