Management Consulted Consulting Salaries for 2012

Think this recently went up -- can anyone comment on the validity of the numbers? I heard Bain went up to around 200k all in and thus I'm curious of the other top shops have done so as well?

http://managementconsulted.com/consulting-jobs/20…

"We’ve added figures for consulting salaries abroad as well: ... EMEA (in euro): ... * For Deloitte and PwC in Spain: €20-25,000 * For Deloitte Consultant in Poland: €43-45,000 base"

For all the Big4, in Germany that's around €42,000 after school (bachelor, diploma, master - barely any differences, if any), plus maybe 5k max as bonus... these 20-25k look way too small for Spain.

" = = = = = Summer Internships = = = = = Unless otherwise noted, these are monthly base salary figures: ... Deloitte (S&O/Tech/HC): $10,800 + bonus ... PwC: $27.50/hour + overtime (and 1 week trip to Disney World) "

WTF? $27,50/hour alone times 40 hours per week times 4 week a month is $4400. In Germany you get no more than €1200 per month from any of the Big 4, and no overtime, and irrespective of what you do (audit, tax, advisory).

Fredbird:
"We’ve added figures for consulting salaries abroad as well: ... EMEA (in euro): ... * For Deloitte and PwC in Spain: €20-25,000 * For Deloitte Consultant in Poland: €43-45,000 base"

For all the Big4, in Germany that's around €42,000 after school (bachelor, diploma, master - barely any differences, if any), plus maybe 5k max as bonus... these 20-25k look way too small for Spain.

" = = = = = Summer Internships = = = = = Unless otherwise noted, these are monthly base salary figures: ... Deloitte (S&O/Tech/HC): $10,800 + bonus ... PwC: $27.50/hour + overtime (and 1 week trip to Disney World) "

WTF? $27,50/hour alone times 40 hours per week times 4 week a month is $4400. In Germany you get no more than €1200 per month from any of the Big 4, and no overtime, and irrespective of what you do (audit, tax, advisory).

Deloitte S&O has paid over $30/hour + OT for undergrad internship. Came out to roughly $6,500/month in USD after OT & pretax.

The Deloitte Summer Associates are salaried, and $10,800 sounds about right, but I am not sure it is flat across all three of S&O, Tech, and HC. I think it's only accurate for S&O

"Buy gas. It's a sure-fire commodity with no risk except for the sure risk of fire." - Stephen Colbert

= = = = = Summer Internships = = = = =

Unless otherwise noted, these are monthly base salary figures:

A.T.Kearney: $11,000 BCG: $11,000 Bain: $11,500 Deloitte (S&O/Tech/HC): $10,800 + bonus IMS: $11,000 + bonus PwC: $27.50/hour + overtime (and 1 week trip to Disney World) McKinsey: $10,500 ZS Associates: $11,000

I'm going to assume these are summer associate/b-school figures right?

manbearpig:
Big Dreams:
Quick Question: redninja are you an M7 MBA?
He's at Harvard.

It makes no difference though, they announced salaries to us at a conference to which all US MBAs were invited. I don't believe McK or Bain differentiate pay based on which b-school you're at either. I think Deloitte does, but MBP is in a much better position to speak to it than I am.

EDIT: Also, I graduated. I should change my profile to reflect that...

redninja:
manbearpig:
Big Dreams:
Quick Question: redninja are you an M7 MBA?
He's at Harvard.

It makes no difference though, they announced salaries to us at a conference to which all US MBAs were invited. I don't believe McK or Bain differentiate pay based on which b-school you're at either. I think Deloitte does, but MBP is in a much better position to speak to it than I am.

Deloitte most definitely does. I don't have an MBA and I'm paid about 20K less on my base than people who are at the same level with elite MBAs.
-MBP

Best Response
manbearpig:
redninja:
manbearpig:
Big Dreams:
Quick Question: redninja are you an MBA business schools ">M7 MBA?
He's at Harvard.

Deloitte most definitely does. I don't have an MBA and I'm paid about 20K less on my base than people who are at the same level with elite MBAs.

i think the question was whether MBAs from different schools are paid differently, not MBA vs. non-MBA.

Every single person in my office last summer (from a variety of different tiers of MBA, in a big office, with a large number of interns) had the exact same salary offer. This was the same amount given to every 2nd year that was hired full time from this previous school year. This was for S&O and not Tech, HCM or Federal practice so that might be the difference.

mba2guy:
Every single person in my office last summer (from a variety of different tiers of MBA, in a big office, with a large number of interns) had the exact same salary offer. This was the same amount given to every 2nd year that was hired full time from this previous school year. This was for S&O and not Tech, HCM or Federal practice so that might be the difference.

I'm in S&O so this must be a US thing.

-MBP

Laudantium qui quia voluptas ut consequatur minus. Beatae deserunt dolor sit dolorum in sed. Mollitia voluptatem rerum vel. Eveniet et placeat eius et fuga ut soluta.

Sunt libero totam nihil. Quis rerum delectus ea alias id fugit hic. Voluptatem facere sit sit atque eveniet eum. Aut et consequuntur quas ut quia aliquid.

Rerum officiis et sint nihil officia odio pariatur. Aut tenetur beatae autem numquam voluptatibus repellat. Quia facere officiis voluptatem quos voluptas ullam qui. Est ut quisquam in mollitia aut inventore.

Et voluptates rerum laboriosam sint aperiam ea et. Occaecati non quam eius voluptatem sapiente id. Quam dolores sint quidem eveniet temporibus qui est. Esse aspernatur quos facilis fugit corporis qui odio.

Veritatis et aperiam consectetur ipsam ut consequatur. Possimus repellat excepturi facere modi. Voluptas odio qui eveniet ipsum sit. Quaerat nemo illo ut temporibus aperiam. Dolorum molestiae tempore nemo doloribus omnis est.

Quod aperiam asperiores sit provident. Reprehenderit ad accusantium labore suscipit et. Est blanditiis autem modi reiciendis nihil. Quod sunt velit delectus fuga.

Minima non voluptas minus et ut. Nulla et sed ab ipsum. Qui molestiae qui laboriosam voluptatem commodi. Quisquam et velit hic aut id.

Alexandra Smith

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”