I'm going to apply for my masters in the coming weeks and I needed your help on understanding some things about the Hedge Fund Industry.
I have gone through a lot of posts about entering the HF Industry, on WSO and completely understand that a masters course may not be a direct ticket to HF and also, that the HF industry has cut throat competition and the entry barriers can mostly be broken through extensive networking. However, I want to know which masters course would set me up in the long run for a career in the HF space.
- Would it be more beneficial to do a Traditional MSc Finance or a Quant-Oriented MSc Finance for HF Jobs?
- Which countries should I focus on for such a masters course? (US, UK or EUR)
- Do the MSc Financial Economics courses provide a good entry point in HF firms?
- Can you recommend the best MSc Finance Courses for entering the HF industry?
Hedge Fund Interview Course
- 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.