Masters @ Oxford vs Starting @ BlackRock
Briefly, I'm stuck at a Decision Point at the end of my undergrad.
I have been offered a full-time job starting next year with BlackRock's alternative investments team in New York. At the same time, I have also been offered a Rhodes Scholarship to study a masters in economics at the University of Oxford.
Which would you choose?
I am interested to hear the pros and cons from this community's perspective and to start a discussion to help me think about this holistically.
The way I see it, by pursuing the masters:
- Great networking opportunity
- Arguably once in a lifetime opportunity
- 2 years not earning job income
- Worries about not being able to get back into NY finance scene and may have to start my career in London (Is that undesirable in your opinion?)
- Essentially missing two years of work-related "politics" and experiences
Please respect that this is a very serious question to me.