MBA HBS 2+2 / Stanford - Profile Evaluation

First of all, thank you for taking the care to read this little paragraph and for your advice on this.
Could you please evaluate my profile for these programs? I would like to apply before regular MBA application to have 2 chances to get into H/S

Relevant Academics:
* Grad: Master in Finance (LSE/Oxbridge/LBS/HEC): expect GPA 3.7/4.0
* 1 Year Exchange program US (Ivy League/MIT/UChicago/Stanford): GPA 3.7/4.0
* Undergrad: BSc in Economics at Target uni in Spain (GPA 8.5/10 - Top 5% of Class)

Relevant Work Experience:
* McKinsey & Company (full-time Business Analyst) starting Jan 2021
* Top Tech (Google/Facebook/Amazon/Apple) - 6 month Business Analyst Internship
* Top Strategy Consulting Boutique in Spain (Summer Business Analyst)
* Past internships in Strategy Consulting and in Corporate during Bachelor

Extracurriculars:
* Start-Up Founder: EU200k valuation at seed-round
* GMAT: 710
* Participated in various university Clubs
* Semi-Finalist in a Mobile World Congress Start Up Competition
* Languages: Fluent in English, Spanish, Catalan and Intermediate in French

Recommendations and Essays
* I will work as hard as I can to make them strong and I think I can have strong recommendations.

Goals:
* Access a top Managerial role in Tech Corporate with the MBA on which I can make use of the knowledge I acquired in McKinsey + Corporate Finance knowledge acquired in my MIF

What do you think about my chances? Is my GMAT too low? These programs are extremely competitive so I am not sure..

It seems like you have a great number of credentials + unique background, enough to where it’s all up to essay+. What I mean is, ENSURE that you have a great essay and it won’t hurt to apply. Beyond that, the question you are asking is pointless and the answers given won’t really help you without specific advice. Focus on what you can control, and you may or may not get in. The absolute number of accepted applicants is that low to where no one knows if you will actually get in. Anecdotally, I know of a similar profile (but better) with the startup and was named top student in the class, etc. who went to McKinsey also who got in. There’s your anecdote.

It is. It's also a notch below the first three schools mentioned and the only one to use a GPA system.

Sure, changed it to a notch. Still, wouldn’t necessarily include HEC in the same group as LSE/Oxbridge. LBS, maybe.

GMAT not good enough, would say your chances are slim especially coming from a traditional consulting role.

Do you think if I am able to raise the GMAT to say, 740 I can have good chances..?

Still unlikely I think. I know a 780 GMAT, top MSc Finance, McKinsey, PE experience not even get an interview.

Asperiores quaerat nam maxime dolorem. Ipsam architecto quae ut. Harum accusamus aliquam quos aliquam quo est qui. Voluptatum accusamus et vel facere omnis optio autem.

Suscipit consequatur molestiae eaque voluptas fuga. Eum delectus quam tempore reprehenderit. Voluptas et accusantium sequi possimus.

Incidunt debitis odit animi repellendus. Atque ab est nemo quos ipsum sunt eos repellendus.

Linda Abraham President, Accepted | Contact Me | Admissions Consulting

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”