Hey everyone! As the recruiting cycle comes to a close, I was hoping to get some advice on my current situation. I'm currently at a Top 25 MBA program and am looking to make the jump from the public sector to consulting (M&A/Strategy). Unfortunately, internship recruiting didn't go as well as I was hoping and I know a lot of that had to do with my networking. Looking ahead though, I was hoping to get some advice on which internship would put me in the best position for FT recruiting (assuming I continue to network over the summer and once I return to campus)? My offers are as follows:
- Federal Consulting - specifically focused on enterprise strategy and transformation
- Federal Consulting - specifically focused on human capital
- Biotechnology - specifically focused on strategy/strategic partnerships
- Private Equity - unpaid associate role with a very very small PE shop
With the understanding that my end goal is M&A/Strategy consulting for FT, which do you all think is the best option?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Consulting Case Interview Course
- 2,037 questions across 209 consulting firms. Crowdsourced from over 600,000 members.
- 11 Detailed Exclusive Cases developed by a McKinsey Associate and 10+ hours of video.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring consultants just like you.