MBA internship: Corp Dev or MM IB M&A (Non-NY/SF/Chicago)
I am a first-year MBA with two summer options in front of me:
1. A Corporate Development (M&A, Partnerships, Integrations) internship with a premier HR tech firm in SF.
2. A MM IB (M&A) internship doing primarily sell-side work (Non-NY/SF/Chicago). Firm does not have a tech focus.
1. Non-target MBA program in the Mid-West
2. Big 4 Consultant prior (specialized audit/consulting)
1. How hard would it be for me to do a summer in IB and then land a SF Corp Dev role for full time?
2. What are the downsides of starting straight in Corp Dev post-MBA?
3. What sort of salary could one expect from a Corp Dev manager role in SF?
4. How hard is it to land a Corp Dev role as an associate in MM banking?
5. What sort of exits are there from Corp Dev?
Any insights the community has would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!