MBB internship info Summer EU 2022

I am an Italian student from a non-top tier BS in France. My school has a good world ranking, not top tier, however MBB events do not cover my university. 

I would like to know if it is feasible to get an internship with a non-top tier BS in my background and with a previous 3 month internship abroad. I understand that a breakout referral is a huge key point. 

I would like to apply in my native country, not in French. 

Finally, what T2 companies do you think would be good for a future MBB position. Big 4 or would other companies also work? 

Thanks a lot. 

Do you speak fluent French? If yes, great. If no, you'll be unemployable in France.

The T2 firms are generally Roland Berger, Kearney, Oliver Wyman, and Strategy& and will give you a big leg up when applying for MBB. Big4 and other global consultancies (and some reputable French ones like Kéa) are all good stepping stones too, but remember their are a lot more applicants coming from those. 

Most Helpful

To be frank, your chances are very slim and my best advice is you should plan for a longer game.

MBBs in Italy, as any other countries, mainly recruit from target schools (Bocconi / Politecnico in Italy, HEC / Essec from France).

Also, there is really no concept of “summer internship” in Italy, as 80% of businesses shut down for a whole month in August and so do consulting firms. Even outside of the summer, how internships work there is that you start working after graduation as an intern and at the end of the internship you’re offered a conversion to full time, with no break in between. Even for these internships, 95% of recruits come from a target school and do have a masters degree. In Italy you’re close to unemployable if you don’t have a masters.

I don’t know about your personal situation, but your best chances of getting into MBB are (a) complete a masters at a target school and apply by then, or (b) start at a tier-2 (Oliver Wyman, Kearney, Roland Berger, Deloitte) and lateral after ~1 year (keep in mind you’ll lose your tenure and restart from zero when joining an MBB). Be aware, though, that even getting a job at a tier-2 in Italy coming from a non-target without a masters degree is quite an uphill battle.

Autem voluptatem nihil quo ut aut reprehenderit. Sapiente et in dolor consequatur cupiditate ea. Ut iure reiciendis eligendi ut tenetur alias dolores culpa. Reprehenderit culpa est consectetur molestiae ab ut. Optio recusandae ut et debitis aperiam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (551) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”