McDonald's Plans To Hire 250K Workers

McDonald's is planning to hire 250K workers this summer across the US. This is 9% more than last year, which is strange for a company trying to automate the fast food ordering process. Most of the new recruits are said to be waiting tables at the various locations.

• Does anyone actually support their idea of waiting tables? Personally when I go to Mcdonald's I want to get in and get out as fast as possible with minimal interaction with their employees.

Article

I read in TRD that casual dining restaurants with table waiting are doing terribly (BWW, Applebees, Chili's) but fast casual restaurants like Panera and Chipotle are exploding. No idea why McDonald's would want their tables waited... it's not the kind of eatery where people are looking to sit down and be waited upon.

let's see Paul Allen's card

Interesting article below that touches on this. Basically, McDonald's large menu is causing a wait for customers (it obviously takes longer if the person in front of you is deciding between 10 burgers than if they were deciding between 5). McDonald's has figured that customers are more willing to wait if they can be seated versus standing in line.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/business/mcdonalds-introduces-screen…

McDonald's needs to figure out its strategy then - it's no longer competing in the fast food market when they're trying to wait tables.

If the large menu is causing a wait for customers (and you still want to be a fast food restaurant), the right option is to cut the size of the menu, not start waiting tables instead.

Poor strategic decision from management, IMO.

Courtside:
McDonald's is planning to hire 250K workers this summer across the US. This is 9% more than last year, which is strange for a company trying to automate the fast food ordering process. Most of the new recruits are said to be waiting tables at the various locations. - Does anyone actually support their idea of waiting tables? Personally when I go to Mcdonald's I want to get in and get out as fast as possible with minimal interaction with their employees.

Here's the article: http://nypost.com/2017/06/12/mcdonalds-to-hire-250...

It's a social experiment and testing the waters of fast food dining.

Best Response

Their CEO reads wall street oasis and is just trying to provide opportunities to all of the non-target grads since the prevailing opinion here is that you can only work fast food unless you go to Ivy League schools.

xgozax @mynameisgoldstein" opportunities for you guys. Let's hope they even hand out return offers to the best ones.

GoldenCinderblock: "I keep spending all my money on exotic fish so my armor sucks. Is it possible to romance multiple females? I got with the blue chick so far but I am also interested in the electronic chick and the face mask chick."

My Name is Jeff:
@xgozax @xgozax opportunities for you guys. Let's hope they even hand out return offers to the best ones.

Lol, I actually tagged goldstein and got xgozax.

GoldenCinderblock: "I keep spending all my money on exotic fish so my armor sucks. Is it possible to romance multiple females? I got with the blue chick so far but I am also interested in the electronic chick and the face mask chick."

"I think a double and triple quarter pounder will do, with a volcano of French fries." Waist expands and back for more pre-greased pickles, all the fast food bacon you can handle and chocolate dipped cheeseburgers. All while Ronald McDonald smiles upon the decapitation of health as we know it.

Only two sources I trust, Glenn Beck and singing woodland creatures.

I thought of this when writing my post. While I agree with what worked in the 50's might not be working now, but I don't the the solution to today's problem for McDonald's would be to become what fast casual was in the 1930's and 1940's before it was disrupted by MickyDs. It is a new set of problems, and while mature companies do decline if they don't expand or change with the times, I think this change is coming too late. That, and the change is a terrible idea. I don't know what type of proprietary VC fund they have but they should have been funding B. Good, Chipotle, Dig Inn, Sweet Green, Chopped, etc. to gain market share in a not competitive section of the food industry.

And that folks, is how you run down a F500 company to the ground.

Where in Europe is this? Didn't come across this when I was last there. I know they have something like this in Asia.

Quant (ˈkwänt) n: An expert, someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Where in Europe is this? Didn't come across this when I was last there. I know they have something like this in Asia.

Quant (ˈkwänt) n: An expert, someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Provident iure ad sed delectus quia non illo maxime. Veniam error minima quo qui velit. Maiores et sit dicta ut qui.

Recusandae at sed quas eius rerum ipsum quia accusantium. Ut enim corporis et sint ab animi. Nulla aut pariatur minima voluptatum necessitatibus commodi dolor impedit.

Perferendis aliquid omnis officiis sequi accusamus. Est voluptas consequatur inventore ut neque sunt praesentium. Eveniet atque rerum atque qui et. Quidem et ad et sint recusandae.

Dicta ut voluptates velit. Minus est fugit quae ut numquam excepturi commodi qui. Distinctio temporibus nostrum non exercitationem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”