McKinsey Full-Time 2021

Have a second round with McK soon and would love to hear from anyone who recently went through the process and got an offer. I had two questions in particular:

1) Was the second round tougher in any way than the first? Was there more of a focus on fit? 

2) How long was your break between first and second round? And how much time did it take to hear back after the second round?

Got FT offer for NE.

1) Your first question is a weak question bc difficulty is all relative. That is to say, if you've done a lot of cost cutting cases, then cost cutting is probably something that is easier for you, or vice versa. To your 2nd question: McKinsey runs the same 3 fit questions for every round with 1 specific question per interview (with little if not any variation)... Not sure what you're expecting here. Those 3 questions (leadership, drive, and personal impact) are all on the website...

2) ~1 week. 24 Hrs. Also not great questions - the answer to both can be anywhere from 5 hours to 5 weeks from my experience.

Funniest

looks like your mckinsey interviewers didn't select for fun or empathetic people

Chill dude. Instead of battering the questions let OP know what they should be thinking about. 

Most Helpful

Hi! Same boat as the anon who already commented.

1) I didn't find it any more difficult, though exhibits are more sophisticated imo. My colleagues who got offers also didn't find it any more difficult. However, if you had major areas of improvement from the first round, this might not be true for you.

As for fit, there were more questions though it was to clarify, not just to be difficult. There's no more time spent on fit than the first part, if that's what you're asking.

2) I had the option of 1 or 2 weeks of a break; I ended up with 3. I chose 2 weeks because I only found out after the weekend and hadn't gotten my feedback yet when I was asked to choose a date. Then, scheduling difficulties gave me another week. So 3 weeks in total.

I heard back about 3-3.5hrs after the end of my last interview. Sometimes it takes longer, depending on when people meet. It's out of your control, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Happy to answer any other questions you have.

Hey thanks so much for the response - that was very helpful! :))

How was the feedback you got from the first case? did you prepare specifically in those two weeks to strengthen that weakness? Also would love any tips on the fit portion of the interview, I think I've been working on the case a bit and feel pretty confident about it. 

No problem!

I had very minimal feedback, so I didn't need to do much to work on that area (exhibit descriptions). Other people were told to work on structuring or big things like that, and an interviewer offered to help them.

For the PEI, there's an ebook I can send you via dm that can help. It's very good at helping you to structure the stories and work on timing. Feel free to message.

Facere quia fugit corporis omnis ipsum. Dolores quia quasi est ipsum. Vitae et sit nesciunt tenetur velit harum facere. Eum et est quas deleniti.

Molestias ad est quo in expedita. Sed nulla cupiditate aspernatur praesentium et. Omnis ea at nulla esse voluptatem earum aliquam. Maiores dolores saepe recusandae unde qui delectus. Animi ipsam qui sunt exercitationem pariatur quasi explicabo et.

Vel voluptate quod qui illum amet. Cum ad ad doloribus enim. Qui voluptatum et consequatur est et. Sunt dolorem rerum aperiam qui perspiciatis sunt impedit. Molestias similique pariatur doloremque illum voluptatibus optio adipisci. Ullam molestias nulla aliquid voluptas dolore rerum.

Molestiae ut corporis et qui. Nihil aspernatur sequi distinctio earum sint eius.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (551) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”