I took gre a couple of weeks ago and got 166 on verbal and 168 on quant. Although verbal is decent, math is a bit disappointed because it is not perfect and a bit below the quant average for MFE programs (i think average for quant is 169). I am aiming for CMU (top choice) or berkeley or princeton. I know gre is not the only criteria that admission officer is looking for, but I hope it could compensate my not-high gpa. (I studied in a canadian university of undergrad and average is 87/100). Besides gpa, i have around 2 years experience in front office (either sales and trading or portfolio management). but the mfe degree could help me look for jobs in the states(for visa purpose). So i am debating a lot recently if i should take gre again aiming for perfect on quant. but i heard its getting harder to get perfect on quant and it is likely verbal will not be as high as previously. also i am not sure if the time worth it for the extra 2 points on math...any suggestion is appreciated! thanks a lot
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Income inequality, a topic that gets discussed a lot here.
I've been reading up on it, namely books and a lot of articles. Would like to hear other's thoughts on it.
My main thought is, would it be unavoidable? I feel there are two classes of people with money. Basically,...+53 by ironman32 in OFF
- My first big break was back in freshman year, I managed to cold call the head of investment banking at X bank. Managed to impress him enough to say he would help in pushing my resume for an interview for that year's internship. But never got the internship nor interview for the summers...+32 by kyleluck in IB
- For deals that aren't going exactly as planned, what's an LP to do? I'm curious if anyone has examples of when LP's have had a positive influence on the ultimate outcome of a project, even if they were just pref equity and didn't have much legal standing in the operating...+25 by wso_4 in RE
- Just wanted to start a conversation as it's something I ponder almost every day and I'm sure many of you have valuable perspectives+24 by pablo escobartard in OFF
- This post is for the nonlinear career trotters - All the paper perfect ivys to IB or Consulting can skip this thread unless you have some value to provide.
But to the nonlinear career trotters, curious what your trajectories have looked like? Has anyone ever taking a job completely...+17 by Venturepapi in JOB
Below is an AMA podcast + some key takeaways on fundraising for PE and HFs.
I was in-house IR at a couple PE shops (1 successful, 2 not) and was head of cap intro at a BB ibank.
What questions do you have for me?
I'll do my best to cover / answer them all.
WSO...+15 by earthwalker7 in PE
- What books do you recommend!?
Name any of your top picks - finance related or not.
* Venture Deals - Brad Feld (Great for VC)
* Prince of Tides - Pat Conroy (literally nothing to do with finance just a great book- sad tho)
* Straight to Hell by John Lefevre (stories from a...+13 by isa2130953 in IB
I’m new to the WSO community and received an email to do an AMA. I’ll be honest, I rarely open myself up to anyone in person, much less online. But, I do this in the spirit of paying it forward. Hopefully my journey can help others in this community.
Brief background: BS...+13 by Rogue_Pogue_Monkey in BSCH
- I've been questioning my path recently. I'll be applying for full time positions soon and there's part of me that isn't 100% sold on what I am doing. It feels like it is the right path but I know there are so many other paths out there.
For me, if I hadn't spent so...+12 by tudorg in OFF
- Fairly Simple. How much do you spend to maintain your lifestyle? What changes would you make to your lifestyle in the future?
As for me annually
Cars: Still drive a crappy car and don't have plan to upgrade, $2,000 on gas
Food: $3,000 goes to grocery,...+11 by ConservativelyLeveredCat in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jun15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jun18Podcast: How to be time rich -- Camille Holden -- 6/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jun19Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 6/19-6/218:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jun19WSO Boston Meet Up: Wed 6/19, 630-830pm, The Alley Bar6:30 EDT Boston, MA
- Jun19WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 6/19, 7pm, The Bungalow In Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica,, CA