MoMo crash Nov 2020

In light of the momentum crash, growth to value shift, whatever you want to call it, any news on the street? Heard multiple quant funds that had huge losses yesterday. Starting to feel like maybe some bigger players might unwind

Trust me, know too well. And very few have 15% by the way. It’s more than that. Not to mention there was de-gross happening too, so even on names that don’t carry a lot of momo could’ve unwound. Counter intuitive but that’s how it is. So most of the neutral shops at pod level (even fund level) still tend to have tons of exposure, even if small in context of overall factor risk you have to think in context of how little absolute alpha you need to have a great year, bps bleed fast.

Most Helpful

TheFamousTrader

Trust me, know too well. And very few have 15% by the way. It's more than that. Not to mention there was de-gross happening too, so even on names that don't carry a lot of momo could've unwound. Counter intuitive but that's how it is. So most of the neutral shops at pod level (even fund level) still tend to have tons of exposure, even if small in context of overall factor risk you have to think in context of how little absolute alpha you need to have a great year, bps bleed fast.

What do you think is the damage to L/S guys and who was hurt? It was surprisingly mild in my neck of the woods, as it was neutral at the market level but I heard some lower-turnover quant guys posted a few bad days. Not enough to derail the year, though. 

I have a friend who lives in the country, and it's supposed to be an hour from 42nd Street. A lie! The only thing that's an hour from 42nd Street is 43rd Street!

Accusantium aut ea molestias vel modi aut. Voluptas illo beatae voluptatem quod non. Ratione qui eos rerum officiis.

Aut commodi et harum dolores ad. Consectetur quia officiis qui dolorum quod itaque pariatur deleniti. Tenetur reiciendis est esse molestiae nihil aut eaque. Suscipit consectetur corrupti sapiente laboriosam occaecati nisi autem.

Nihil aut nihil fuga modi et ut. Unde optio dolorem odit iste eligendi qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 96.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (249) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”