Monty09 wants to start a business for $1000 with a monkey...any ideas

So I want to start a small biz with $1,000 in start up. Why? I am bored and want to see if we can do it. Looking for one person and an idea.

Any interest? Send me a pm....

monty09:
blastoise:
he didn't like my idea :(

dude I cant make baby food.... sorry

hahahahaha funniest 2 line comment on this site ever

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

monty09:
Nouveau Richie:
Start a company that sells volcano insurance. Then only target areas with little to no volcanic activity.

just wrong..haha

This was a Family Guy episode... the insurance guy's claim actually says "Oh my god he's signing it, I can't believe it, he's actually signing it..."

Pretty hysterical idea I must admit, but the sad thing is that in America you could probably make some pretty decent money on poor/stupid people doing this.

monty09:
Nouveau Richie:
^^^ Oh shit, monty, you're about to pass drexel. Dayuumm...

i been very active last 3 months

You're already at 11 banana points in this thread alone and nothing useful has even been said yet!
CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

This thread actually interests me -- thanks for posting monty. Sort of unrelated, but I have a question: what are the implications (legal or otherwise) of heading over to Harvard or MIT, posting a flyer for "open auditions" for ideas (i.e. you pitch me ideas, I provide the $$$ and run the business), picking a winner and funding the project? I realize there are accredited investor laws, but would this be allowed? This is a very honest question. Monty, more than willing to move this out of the thread, but thought it sort of tied in here.

jimbrowngoU:
This thread actually interests me -- thanks for posting monty. Sort of unrelated, but I have a question: what are the implications (legal or otherwise) of heading over to Harvard or MIT, posting a flyer for "open auditions" for ideas (i.e. you pitch me ideas, I provide the $$$ and run the business), picking a winner and funding the project? I realize there are accredited investor laws, but would this be allowed? This is a very honest question. Monty, more than willing to move this out of the thread, but thought it sort of tied in here.
VC companies hang out at Stanford and MIT all the time having lunch with students looking for the next big thing. This is not an uncommon strategy.
CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

I didn't mean to suggest there would be an issue. I was just curious if soliciting business ideas as such and playing more of the "businessman" side of the deal (for example, monty, say someone came to you with a brilliant software idea. Not suggesting I know much about your background, but I assume you wouldn't have the first clue in computer programming to execute 99% of the shit necessary to build a product) was legal or if there are ramifications around such a deal.

I have a terrific idea, but the problem is: (1) I don't possess the proper skills to execute such idea, and (2) I do not have any where near enough cash to go beyond the first month or two of the project.

Half a year ago I would have gone for spitbacks in Shanghai ... but they stopped spitting on the street somehow. Selling their spit to some weird genetics scientist would have been fun, though.

what about opening a fake headhunter company and distributing the interviews on youtube

"Make 'Nanas, not war! "

Jerrey:
what about opening a fake headhunter company and distributing the interviews on youtube

Hahaha.

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people Jeremy

ThaVanBurenBoyz:
Let's start a networking consultancy, where we introduce vulnerable students to headhunters on LinkedIn. Have you seen Dawn Boyer's earnings lately?

When you start to expand, be sure to recruit from target schools like Old Dominion...

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

I have a pretty sick business going already. I make posts that piss people off and my boss reads them and the responses and gets a good chuckle out of them and gives me 10 bucks for each post I make.

I dont really need a partner but I guess if you are funny enough you can try out to become a sidekick. Robin to my Batman.

Oh and I will take the 1k too.

boutiquebank4life:
I have a pretty sick business going already. I make posts that piss people off and my boss reads them and the responses and gets a good chuckle out of them and gives me 10 bucks for each post I make.

I dont really need a partner but I guess if you are funny enough you can try out to become a sidekick. Robin to my Batman.

Wait, so is the requirement being able to piss someone off or being funny? Because you generally seem to only be good at the former.

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

boutiquebank4life:

is your boss your mom?

stupidquestions:
If you don't mind doing something illegal, you could buy up as much Fourloko as you can if you can find stores that still have some of the original and sell it to your friends / over-eager college students at a premium over the next few months when they run out.

I know people back home who are doing this and making a killing charging $10 a can...

My friend and I are starting a business for 1000. He contributed the idea, the design work, the production knowledge, and some other things. I got a 30% share for start up costs (looking to be 800), web design, and will be running the "back office". We hope to be launching in a month or two.

looking for that pick-me-up to power through an all-nighter?

<span class=keyword_link><a href=//www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-london-interbank-offer-rate-libor>LIBOR</a></span>:
My friend and I are starting a business for 1000. He contributed the idea, the design work, the production knowledge, and some other things. I got a 30% share for start up costs (looking to be 800), web design, and will be running the "back office". We hope to be launching in a month or two.

need more funds.. come hit me up

Best Response
monty09:
<span class=keyword_link><a href=//www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-london-interbank-offer-rate-libor>LIBOR</a></span>:

need more funds.. come hit me up

Haha my "business associate" had trouble parting with a 30% share to give to me, and im sinking work into this!

start up costs run low. we use magento, an ecommerce platform, to power our site (free platform), and pay about 10 a month for the site. we will be using facebook, twitter and youtube for advertising, which is also free. only other costs are for materials (we are doing some manual labor ourselves, for the time being), but this is offset by our markup.

looking for that pick-me-up to power through an all-nighter?

Funny thing I am looking whether i can help a friend to get 1M for his father's startup, maybe you can put 1000 XD. I certainly dont think i can do it, but will try though. I think is harder to come with a nice business idea for less than and up to usd1000 than have the 1000, unless you go to underdeveloped countries or something like that. I in fact have an idea, but not the expertise to implement it nor the time to devote, so I would also prefer to offer the 1000 eur.

Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards. - Tacitus Dr. Nick Riviera: Hey, don't worry. You don't have to make up stories here. Save that for court!

Qui et eos voluptatem eum in rerum. Et dolor optio blanditiis veritatis aut. Nihil perferendis odit unde voluptatum suscipit qui. Est aliquam voluptate similique consequuntur rerum quis.

Quae dicta vel quia possimus culpa. Voluptas consequatur nihil dicta voluptas officia ut quasi dolores. Adipisci soluta hic voluptates nihil sit consequatur. Nihil ullam at placeat iusto. Et mollitia iure unde.

Ut voluptatem ut dolor ut. Debitis quos blanditiis officia corrupti voluptas. Natus perspiciatis architecto voluptatibus quos et et quo. Odit facilis facilis placeat placeat aperiam ad asperiores qui.

Possimus fugiat officiis distinctio voluptatum. Omnis fugiat explicabo suscipit dolore quae aliquam. Assumenda possimus in eos aut omnis temporibus. Dolor reiciendis dolores iure et. Esse iure consequuntur consequatur quos voluptate. Enim facilis sint qui.

Quaerat magnam commodi nemo ea autem. Eligendi quasi ipsa aut tempore asperiores qui.

Et nulla ratione voluptatibus repellat reprehenderit repudiandae. Ad tenetur dolore explicabo accusamus eos ea. Aut autem molestiae ea omnis asperiores ea assumenda. Animi consequuntur non natus sint tenetur. Nisi voluptas velit eveniet.

Tempore placeat porro eligendi et veritatis. Possimus alias accusamus voluptates optio. Rem qui id alias eos velit. Architecto quo voluptatem officiis corporis. Atque ratione et veniam et.

Consequatur molestiae eligendi sit ipsam. Quasi temporibus illo possimus. Dolorum accusantium similique sint itaque sapiente repellat numquam. Reiciendis accusantium consequatur delectus ut beatae vel. Optio rerum consequatur nihil temporibus molestiae expedita aut.

Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards. - Tacitus Dr. Nick Riviera: Hey, don't worry. You don't have to make up stories here. Save that for court!

Doloribus qui dignissimos explicabo nemo quo aut. Modi culpa perferendis ullam tempore sed. Dolore consequatur illo totam animi voluptas odio. Omnis atque autem sit repellendus cum dolor. Et quod tempora voluptatem. Qui est earum laudantium non sapiente ad at.

Cupiditate amet corporis dolores ut libero sunt vel deserunt. Neque ea velit incidunt voluptas. Aut quia accusantium blanditiis sint quibusdam odio expedita. Voluptas molestias itaque qui aspernatur a.

Tenetur sed ut facilis porro rerum occaecati aliquam. Ut enim qui recusandae velit tempora sit. Qui repudiandae animi commodi eum voluptatem dolores eaque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”