Morgan Stanley Europe Top Teams

As the title says, I am interested in knowing what are the top groups at Morgan Stanley, London. I am in the process of team selection for an off-cycle internship. Mainly interested in culture, exit ops and prestige. Thanks!

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (27)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Incoming Analyst in IB-M&A
Jan 8, 2021 - 6:08am

You'll have to do a good job networking with people during the allocation process

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Jan 11, 2021 - 5:32pm

Regardless of networking I know a few people who got none of the teams they indicated, however, you have nothing to loose by trying.

• NA in IB-M&A
Jan 11, 2021 - 7:54pm

Pretty much every team at MS London is decent to excellent. You'll get good looks regardless of which team you're at. 

Would say that Media & Comms is arguably the strongest team in EMEA - but bear in mind that they are one of the sweatiest as well.

• Intern in IB - Ind
Jan 20, 2021 - 9:18am

Hi, I'm an OC intern at MS London. Can tell you that it's a good team, like 99% of teams at MS. If we really want to start tiering, I would say it's an upper Tier 2 team. Basically any team at MS will get you interviews if you are a good analyst and have a good reputation. I'm in one of the "top" teams so I don't think I'm biased in any way.

• Intern in IB - Ind
Jan 20, 2021 - 9:57am

Honestly have no clue as most of the people are not in office and I'm not in that team. Would not say that it has sweatshop reputation, seniors from that team are quite nice in my experience. Only industry team I would worry about in terms of culture is M&C, but then again if you choose that team you are 99% someone who wants to exit ASAP and thus you get worked hard because they know you probably won't be sticking around for long

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (202) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (115) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (97) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (420) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (338) $82