MS SA 2021 London

Hi all,

Starting a thread for MS 2021 SA.

I had a first round interview by telephone on the 3rd week of September for a SA in S&T in London.

Interview went really well & interviewer told me I made a very good impression, but no news since then. I emailed the campus recruitment team without a response as well.

Does anyone have an insight on second rounds/ACs if invitations were sent already? 3 weeks seems a lot and I didn’t got any news. Is it bad news for me?

Also I live in a country where the UK requires quarantine when coming from, do you know if there is a chance ACs are going to be virtual for this year?

Thanks

Most Helpful

Hi, 

Last Friday I did my first round of interviews with MS (one over the telephone, and another via zoom), they told me I should hear back from them within one week. I am applying to the IBD, but I assume the process will be the same. 

My second interviewer told me they do not expect to have Super Saturdays this year, so instead they will replace the assessment centre with 2 rounds of interviews, the first ones with VPs and the last one with MDs (who will dictate sentence). 

I am in a similar situation, I am not in the UK, and to get interviewed in London I should self-quarantine at some hotel for at least 14 days. My two interviewers were working from home, one of them wasn't even in the UK, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. The process will be 100% virtually for sure. 

PD; after 3 week, I think it is OK to reach out one of your interviewers via mail and ask for an update on your status. 

Hi thanks for your reply!
I only had one call and no zoom. I did not get the name of the interviewer, so I don't have his email. He told me to ask for his email from HR if I have any question for him afterwards; but HR is ghosting me. Do you think this is okay if I give him a call (I have his number)? He's an ED.

A direct call can be a little bit weird. Usually in the email to invitation to the interview they put the name of the interviewer. Or if you remember his first name you can try to find his complete name on Linkedin, then just email him. Email accounts at MS have always the following structure: [email protected] 

As a last resource, you can always get in contact with HR, although at MS they don't get very involved on recruiting. 

I had absolutely nothing; no name, no email etc. I checked in the invitations as well and there was none, nothing.
So, bold move I agree, I decided to just give him a call this morning. He said that it was weird I did not receive any update from HR yet, and that he will contact them.

Someone from HR emailed me after that asking if I had any questions so I asked about an update, and if as you mentioned whether ACs will be virtual this year (they will). No update on my app tho, so I don't think they have decided yet who will have second rounds. At least now I have someone I can contact directly.

Est quia aut omnis qui magnam minus voluptatem. Dignissimos culpa vero odit ratione repellat dolorem. Cupiditate voluptatem omnis magni rerum deserunt quo.

Temporibus alias sed dolor non nam. Quisquam enim nulla repudiandae voluptas eum quo. Quia quaerat quis deleniti. Eveniet explicabo molestias natus eum. Assumenda quibusdam commodi quis enim quo quae repudiandae. Quia in quaerat maiores sapiente. Architecto esse illum modi soluta.

Et laborum veritatis dolor odit nisi eaque saepe. Qui facilis ipsum excepturi similique qui iusto voluptatum sed. Expedita voluptas ut placeat dicta odio error rerum.

Quia laboriosam officiis nulla odit. Ea deleniti sint non quos vitae. Dicta aperiam quia quia saepe explicabo. Deserunt cum accusamus ratione quod ut atque. In rerum eum at explicabo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”