MS Sr. 4.05 GPA rejected from top preps - are my IB aspirations toast?

Hey guys,

1st real post here only bc I'm panicking here tbh. Lurked around since kindergarten when I made a throwaway to counter some guy's views during the euro banking crisis (2011).

So I've been wanting to break into IB without my PE dad's help for the longest but I got a pretty bad deleverage (death) sentence 2 weeks ago when the prep schools announced decisions. 60k/yr for feeder middle schools is a terrible investment and I would advise my dad's clients to pull out if that's his RoT (return on tuition)

I hadn't gotten into a single top tier prep. I swear to you I nailed all interviews and that with my above 4 GPA and volunteer experience at my local lower mid mkt bucket shop honestly made this an underhanded blow.

At least for Exeter, I particularly smooth talked the old admissions head and personally handed her a marked up pitchbook I made 6th grade recommending convertibles on a fidget spinner manufacturer (OTC but still). She even thanked me but then asked how my dad was doing and I said fine and that he's an alumn and she said "yea I know I kicked him out 30 yrs ago". I was dumbfounded but proceeded in my pitch answering some behavioral questions ahead of time (tho she never asked).

Yea my dad was thrown out in the 80s for bullying some full-ride kid but how should that affect me?? Can I not pursue some kind of litigation on parental discrimination? We have a live-in counsel from Skadden at home, should I ask what his retainer would be on such case? If not, is SullCrom a better option?

Anyway, I only managed to get into those stupid swiss boarding schools where everyone's parents are crooks. I was thinking making the most of this by maybe networking aggressively at Gstaad to see if any MDs from the countless PWM shops can recruit me for SA at least post-freshman yr.
I was thinking following some modeling experience at one of those that I can lateral into the Credit Swiss Zurich office ----any CS alumni can point me in the right direction? I can bring them accounts like classmate allowances and all that.

As an FYI, I made an ass out of myself in CHF land back in senior yr elementary; it was my dad's latest fund vintage year and he was out for blood on the slopes. I was at the top of the slope while dad was chewing the fat with Kravis and Icahn and I decided to chat up this funny looking guy (he had this hairstyle with curls on the side of his head lol). He told me he was in real estate and I told him me too because I inked a deal with my dean giving me lots of hallway locker square footage. He said "good start" and then said something else - I thought he challenged me to a slalom so I blazed down the slope. Later dad would tell me he said "shalom". Dad said I could forget about CRE.

At this point I have only one year at dad's shop covering youth-focused retail (currently crayon-writing a letter to the judge to disapprove liquidation plans for the Toys R Us bruptcy).
I also did some contract work for my much older friend Kevin - he does LBO financing for lemonade stands through his eponymous Spacey Partners. Client facetime was a big deal to him.

Having said all this, I want to know: am I doomed? I'm not as bad as Timmy here, who's turning 9 this year with still no finance experience. He may work at Coldstone, but I prefer Blackstone. Besides, I can understand why he wasn't taken serious since he's so young but I'm much older (13) and my hand practically shakes. I'm essentially a grown man since I wear man shoes (sperry's), smoke man cigars (juul), and drink man drinks (mikes hard lemonade, of which my friend's lemonade stand is a supplier).

Enim dolorum architecto et consequatur voluptas ipsa fuga. Expedita nostrum repellendus voluptate tempore illo eaque recusandae. Dicta exercitationem eligendi ut laboriosam.

Et quia et consequuntur. Aut recusandae expedita sequi molestiae aut. Nihil voluptatem consequatur officiis aliquid non mollitia ipsum. Qui non illo rerum repellat quibusdam nihil.

Quos dolorem nostrum optio ipsa aspernatur. Aspernatur quae repudiandae quia atque et. Sit et earum illum iure. Eligendi officiis ut sit sit ut. Est deserunt dolores quos fugit doloribus quam nesciunt. Quia eum architecto nulla quia. Laboriosam ut occaecati dolorum ut ducimus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”