MSc Financial Mathematics v Quantitative Finance... Differences (UK)

clattycake's picture
Rank: Chimp | 6

I know this forum is populated with Wall Street (and wannabe) slickers, but I live in the UK and would like to know if anybody can tell me the difference between an MSc in Financial Mathematics or an MSc in Quantitative Finance? I have read a lot of prospectus and they all seem to teach similar things.


Comments (2)

Mar 4, 2013

I think they're the same degree, just under different names. Chicago calls it Financial Mathematics; Cornell calls it ORFE; Princeton calls it Master in Finance.

The best place to get an answer on this question is probably going to be

Mar 4, 2013