This is my first post and I'm looking forward to hearing back from this awesome community.
I recently completed my undergrad with a double major in Finance and Accounting, and I landed a job at a big 4 firm in the Risk Advisory practice. However, after learning about the TAS advisory line, I became more interested in this practice as I believe it incorporates more of my finance background, and would likely increase my chances ofor on.
My questions are as follows:
- How easy is it to transfer between one advisory line to another at a big 4 firm? (Specifically from Risk advisory to Transaction advisory).
- Is it wise to ask around with recruiters or others within the firm about possibilities of transfers / adding in some TAS work to gain exposure to that service line? Keep in mind that I won't be starting with the firm for another 5-6 months.
- What service line within TAS would be most "marketable" to an MBB or BB firm? I would like to eventually end up in , PE, IB, or VC.
I unfortunately have no experience in any of these fields, but would like to build some up at my big 4 firm. My original plan was to work at this firm for a couple of years, get an MBA from a top 10 business school, and work my way into either MBB or BB.
I am still undecided as to which route I would like to take between MBB and BB, but I hope to finalize my decision prior to leaving my firm and applying for an MBA.
Any and all advice is welcome, and thanks for your time!
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.