NFL PLAYOFFS 2019

It’s Week 17 and the regular season is wrapping up. Who will come out on top in the playoffs? My money is on Lamar Jackson and the Ravens. What do you monkeys think? Do the 49ers or Saints or Patriots have a shot? Will the Cowboys make the playoffs? Is the real reason why they wear helmets in the NFL to prevent Tom Brady from kissing the other players on the lips?

Cowboys are booty cheeks (and Eagles for that matter), will be surprised if they even make it tbh. 49ers are fake news and will lose to Saints or Seahawks 2nd round... Pats simply don't have it going on this year, but can never underestimate them, so they are on the table.

For me, Saints v. Ravens would be ideal SB match up and I see that going Ravens way if they can contain Michael Thomas and Drew Brees.

If we are talking this Sunday's match up, then sure, 49ers could beat the Seahawks. Playoffs however, I wouldn't underestimate Russell Wilson's ability. That said, either team that wins in January, will lose to the Saints.

When the 49ers played the Saints a few weeks ago, that was a shootout and I would bet if they played again, that game would go to the Saints. This is the same 49ers team that lost to the Rams and Falcons in the month of December alone. As for the Seahawks, they are good, but not good enough this year to beat the Saints.

Life time Cowboys fan here sadly... Saints and Ravens I believe are the best teams and would be a great Super Bowl match up. However, the 49ers look like a team that could play spoiler to the Saints with a strong defense and run game to keep the ball out of Drew Brees hands. I think the Seahawks are clearly trending down due to injuries. Patriots will not win this year, Tom has finally looked his age. I know it is hard to count them out but they really haven't looked this bad in some time offensively (no weapons perhaps?). Cowboys have a slim chance at making playoffs, getting hopes up, and then completely pissing me off for a whole off season some more.

Lamar looks good, but KC has already beaten both Baltimore and New England this year. Harbaugh doesn't have it in him to win the AFC, I can tell by how he had his legs crossed when I saw him at Augusta.

"There's no reason to be the richest man in the cemetery. You can't do business from there." - Colonel Sanders

It would take a miracle to have my Raiders get into the playoffs but i'm not counting them out.

AFC is weak as always only 1 strong contender (Ravens) and the Pats history of winning. NFC is stacked as always. 49ers Defense carried them, Seahwaks has RusWil magic (that sometimes fades in the tournament), Green Bay has Rodgers and Shaky D as always, Saints are the strongest yet they have some of the worst luck in the Playoffs.

If you think both NFC east "contender" will make any noise, you might want to readjust your expectation. Dallas won't even do anything with jason garret and lazy zeke, Eagles has the absolute worst WR corp in the league..

The packers do not have a shaky D. Our defense is the only thing we have going for us this year. You obviously don’t watch the packers and you didn’t even take the time to look at the scores of the games man.

9 of our 13 wins we didn’t even score 30 points. And 11 of those 13 wins we put up 31 or less.

You don’t win 13 games averaging 23.5 ppg without a good defense.

Yes, the Patriots offense is very middle of the road right now, but it's not Brady... and I'd still put my $ on this team just because of this defense and Bill belli.

The defense will be able to slow down some high powered offenses enough for Brady to pull off some miraculous 2min drill at the end to get us into fg range and win 17-14.

The offense is no longer carrying this team, but the defense is arguably even more dominant than the 2002-2004 pats

Never underestimate Bill and Tom Brady in January... Divisional game against Chiefs in Foxboro will be a battle and thinking Pats vs. Ravens in Baltimore. As far as NFC, I think it is going to come down to home field but would like to see San Francisco make it.

Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.

I guess BobTheBaker was right.

Derrick Henry absolutely uber-stomped the patriots defense almost all by himself. 202 Total Scrimmage yards and that last TD on the first half was huge. Brady looks uninterested almost the whole game. McDaniels got the Jason Garret flu (3 run plays that ran the same way..).

But the best moment of the game is Vrabel giving Bellichick the reverse delay of game glitch to eat almost 1,5 mins of game clock

Pats all the way if Harry can get more involved and the running game doesn't suck. No bias at all over here. But seriously, the Ravens look scary. The top NFC teams look tough to beat too.

Most Helpful
  • Patriots lose to Titans
  • Texans beat the Bills
  • Saints over the Vikings
  • Seahawks beat the Eagles

The Patriots playing one of the worst schedules I've ever seen a team play early in the season had them looking like juggernauts on some smoke and mirrors nonsense. Schedule stiffens 2nd half of the season and they finish 4-4 with a loss to the Dolphins (lmao). Their best wins are against an injury-riddled Eagles team, and two wins against the Bills. I don't see them beating the Titans and if they do then the Chiefs will almost definitely handle them.

The Bills offense is unlikely to be able to keep pace with the Texans offense. Will Fuller not playing would be a big help to Buffalo. Houston has played to their level of competition all season but I think playoff football will bring out the best in them. Plus I'm biased.

Saints are just flat out better than the Vikings. I think they're the best team in the NFC, and possibly the NFL. It's a shame they have to go on the road to get to the SB - it's tough to get to the SB without a Bye but they have the quality to pull it off.

Seahawks could easily lose this game as they're on the road and their shitty offensive coordinator/coaching makes everything harder. With that said they have Russell Wilson and that should be enough against an Eagles team that just isn't that good, especially with the amount of injuries they've suffered

Array

BobTheBaker:
Seahawks could easily lose this game as they're on the road and their shitty offensive coordinator/coaching makes everything harder. With that said they have Russell Wilson and that should be enough against an Eagles team that just isn't that good, especially with the amount of injuries they've suffered

Hot take right here, folks.

My cash is on KC, mainly due to the way the defense has played over the last few months. Healing and playing well at the right time and no trips to Foxborough.

Whatever you are be the best version you can

Safe prediction for this seasons NFL playoffs:

Andy Reid's horrid clock management will result in the Chiefs losing in the divisional round or conference championship game.

Reid should handle the clock like he handles a rack of ribs, eat all the meat and throw em the bone.

I don't think he'll have to worry about clock management this time around but your point is valid and if I see it as a prop bet I'll take the odds that he'll screw up.

Whatever you are be the best version you can

Saints didn't get screwed by anyone other than themselves. Don't miss a field goal and you win the game. I’m from Louisiana too and I root for the saints if they aren’t playing the packers but too many of my friends/ family blame the refs when the saints played sloppy all game.

thoughts after the weekend

• saints did not play well, Kirk was gunshy at times but came up big when it counted, that toss to Thielen could not have been better placed. 49ers should be worried about the Vikings, particularly pass rush, but I think SF gets the win

• do not sleep on derrick henry, holy crap. ravens still get the win but to anyone (myself included) who thought henry's numbers were due to a shit division, I was wrong

• texans looked ugly. great win and athleticism by deshaun, but KC mauls them I think

• seahawks played well but the fact you let a Wentz-less Philly into the red zone 4x and they only managed to come away with field goals says more about josh mccown than your defense. next week against GB, the matchup to watch will be Clowney v. 2nd team all pro DBak at Left Tackle. I think Russell gets some passes downfield but the way their defense looked, I think Rodgers can get a win next week

so no surprise I'm picking each 1 & 2 seed for the conference championships. I think the only way I'm wrong is if my Packers lay an egg against Seattle

TooMuchLeverage:
Jimmy is by no means a great QB.

No, but he's got a great defense. And people always sleep on Jimmy G. But he's posted some of the highest air yards stats since he's come to the league. And he doesn't get fazed like Cousins didn't yesterday. Kyle Shanahan will continue to get the most out of Jimmy G.

But full disclosure, this is the only game I think could go either way. Vikings match up well with the 9ers.

Alright, time for another round of predictions by the Baker.

• Texans over Chiefs
  • Ravens over Titans
  • Seahawks over Packers
  • 9ers over Vikings

Texans over Chiefs is my most controversial pick no doubt, and, let's be clear, if Will Fuller doesn't play I think the Texans will lose. He's expected to play though. Simply put, he changes that entire offense. thebrofessor what you saw against the Bills was a Texans offense without Fuller, it almost doesn't count. Deshaun Watson averaged almost 300 passing yards a game with Fuller and about 150 without this season. Texans already beat the Chiefs on the road this season and we play to our level of competition. JJ Watt coming back and a healthy secondary (Gareon Conley was a late pickup and Bradly Roby was injured a bunch) means this defense is underrated. They should've caused ~4 turnovers against the Bills but got one. This defense loves turnovers. Finally, the Chiefs just don't look the same as they did last year on offense. Sure, they improved on defense but the Texans offense at full-tilt has looked better this year than the Chiefs offense. I am calling the biased homer upset here.

Ravens are going to roll on the Titans, not going to spend too much time explaining why. The Titans defense isn't very good and the Ravens offense AVERAGED 33 pts in the regular season. Tannehill had 75 yards passing against the Pats. Look for the Ravens to score quickly and in bunches to take Henry out of the game.

This game is a bit of a toss-up but the Packers haven't looked "right" all season despite going 13-3, right down to barely beating David Blough in Week 17. The pass game just isn't right. Seahawks ride Russell Wilson and deep passes to win a close game.

9ers at home with that defense should give Kirk Cousins fits. Vikings won't be able to bludgeon SF in the run game like they did New Orleans. This defense is elite, they should get it done. Not convinced on Cousins just because he finally got a notable win.

So I guess my predictions are:

AFC Championship: Texans at Ravens NFC Championship: Seahawks at 49ers

Array

Seahawks are really gonna have to ride Russell since Carson and Prosise are both out. You can't tell me Lynch or Homer are just gonna go off after last weekend's performance... combined they both had a total of 19 yards on 17 carries. Probably will have to rely on DK Metcalf again for the deep balls. Agreed on Packer's looking sus this whole year, but given the game is in Lambeau, I'm taking Packers in a close game. 27-24

Packers run defense is no where near as good as the Eagles run defense. In fact, the Packers run defense sucks (#23 in the regular season) while the Eagles run defense is top 5 (#3). Absolutely pointless to compare last week's Seahawk's run performance in evaluating what will happen against Green Bay.

Array

Haven't watched a single person 49ers game this season tbh. I'm rooting for a Minneapolis Miracle.

Sheesh 1/4 this week.

Disappointed that the Vikings didn't upset the 9ers but they played terribly. More disappointed that the Seahawks couldn't get it done.

Intern in IB - Gen:
Sheesh 1/4 this week.

Disappointed that the Vikings didn't upset the 9ers but they played terribly. More disappointed that the Seahawks couldn't get it done.

3-1 in week 1 and 1-3 in week 2. That's how the cookie crumbles lol. I guess 4-4 overall is fine? Either way I'm done with football for the year after what happened to my Texans smh.

Array

Dolorum rerum recusandae fugiat omnis optio laudantium perspiciatis. Officia tenetur quisquam qui et. Asperiores cupiditate consectetur sed quo excepturi delectus iste quo.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

Accusantium rerum omnis labore expedita et non. Dolore corrupti non ut soluta. Repellat dolorem minima tenetur. Porro reprehenderit enim placeat qui occaecati eligendi ut. Molestiae reiciendis aut facilis temporibus cupiditate quia. Dignissimos totam sed fugiat corrupti expedita qui velit. Nostrum ipsam eum unde vel consequatur repellendus.

Laboriosam accusamus ut tempora. Unde quia saepe nisi optio vel sunt. Et ducimus dignissimos omnis ut facilis. Et reprehenderit inventore hic rerum dolor necessitatibus dignissimos. Velit suscipit a rerum tenetur asperiores. Id nobis qui est placeat provident.

Array

Dolores earum nesciunt ut veritatis sit. Consequatur dolores modi sint laboriosam eius quia qui.

Minima voluptatem eos quidem eveniet dolore. Est voluptatem libero molestias aut esse.

Eum laboriosam voluptas reprehenderit. Quis possimus ipsa nisi ullam. Sed numquam vel et odit perferendis similique. Eos quibusdam dolorem voluptas ducimus itaque. Rerum fugiat voluptas sint doloribus. Ut dignissimos blanditiis inventore consequatur vero itaque laborum.

Laboriosam nulla dignissimos et autem tenetur. Qui et numquam quia repudiandae. Voluptatem qui totam numquam quos soluta. Velit velit corporis veritatis voluptate rerum quod dolor magni.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”