Ninety-Three Page Bullish Outlook Report on S&P500 - Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sach's recently issued a 93-page bullish outlook for the industry, with overweight ratings on technology, energy, and basic material stocks. Especially after the beating energy shares have taken over the past five weeks, the time may be right to buy. This link was provided by ZeroHedge.

The report highlights GS's investment process and ranking methodology.

Click Link for Full Report View: http://leverageacademy.com/blog/2010/06/03/ninety…

So if you actually want to make money, you should go short on all these? Afterall their "Top Trades" had a pretty good success record...

__________________________ if you ain't first, you last

Best Response

From the folks that I have spoken with there is a widespread belief that there may be another major market retrenchment in late June before stocks stabilize. There are several billions of dollars in non-performing commercial real estate loans that are rolling over by the end of June and few institutions have shown enthusiasm for refinancing or writing these down on their books. How much this has already been priced into the market is hard to evaluate.

I bought in to the S&P heavily last year near as it started recovering from its lows (at about 770) and then sold off half of my position after 12 months (at about 1170) to bank a gain once I was safely in the long term hold tax window. My current strategy is to hold onto that half I have in the market and keep the rest in cash in hopes of riding another big dip. Not really qualified to argue with GS on this as I am by no means a trader, just a long term investor. But, I am not getting back in until late June / early July. This is just my 0.02, and it is likely worth just that much, but I have done pretty well by mixing dumb luck and conservative investment strategies.

Might be a heavy short term downside before we realize the long term upside that the GS report talks about.

RedHill:
BB Research Reports = contrarian trade ideas

Agreed. My favourite part of reading economic's blogs is whenever Stephen Roach says something ridiculously bullish on China that defies all basic economics, and whoever is writing tries to figure out what he was thinking.

Here's a hint, Krugman et al: look at what people get paid for, and you might be able to figure out why they're so optimistic all the time.

Voluptatem sed laboriosam quibusdam aliquid possimus laborum. Modi qui quaerat rerum beatae est eos. Quia nam dolor ratione sunt unde aut iste. Alias autem aut numquam cupiditate nihil. Laboriosam aliquam sunt quo dolor doloremque.

Qui ex dolorum sint. Aperiam iusto dolores architecto consequatur molestias sit. Magnam provident quis voluptatum commodi. Voluptas laborum ipsum dolor iusto aut laudantium consequatur itaque.

Qui et rerum quia sunt temporibus et odit. Non et quis in. Ipsum earum ad neque perspiciatis reiciendis dolores laboriosam. Ipsa excepturi cupiditate ullam molestiae.

Itaque ipsa ea voluptatibus omnis qui illum. Dignissimos ut nostrum id dolorum quia. Labore laborum ab in ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 96.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 95.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (250) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”