NON-TARGET Sopohmore IB Resume - Critique please - SA 2015

Hello Everyone,

Just want some advice/critique on my resume before sending it out regarding IB Summer Analyst roles for 2015. Mostly going to be applying to MM/Boutique's. Thanks guys.

My concerns; Do I take out sales job I did in NY for the design agency. It was my freshman year, just wanted to get some experience... Not relevant to IB at all though.

Attachment Size
IB resume.doc 71.5 KB 71.5 KB

1. Clean up the top Only have your name and phone number, and center both of those. No need for your address.

2. Quantify the second bullet under your "M&A" experience. What are the size of the companies you usually research? What kind of research? The company's growth trajectory? Competitors? etc.

3.Elaborate on the 3rd bullet in that same work experience. What were the size/industry of these companies you performed DD on? People like to see numbers and specifics rather than general blanket statements. This goes for every single other bullet you have.

1. Change "Currently managing" to just "Manage" in your Student Investment Fund experience.

2. Change part of the third bullet to "... combined with the use of several valuation techniques such as XXX, XXX, and XXX. (Assuming you used DCF, LBO, Comps analysis in your valuation)

3. Be able to validate your 4th bullet extensively with solid research and valuation because a deutsch bag interviewer may grill you on your "valuation" of that bank.

4. ENLARGE the font of your sub headers (Work experience, leadership, etc)

5. Also make sure you increase the font size of your NAME. Make it stand out among the rest of your resume's content.

6. Under Additional Information, unitalicize Skills, Computer, Interests, etc., and instead bold them. Also take away Microsoft Suite, you're not skilled in it until you complete an internship at an IB.

7. Maybe separate your Volunteer work into a separate bullet point? It'll make it stand out.

8. My last critique would be to have the line under each sub header go all the way across to the of the page, not just underlining the words themselves.

9. Change "Basic Skills" in spanish to "Basic Proficiency" in spanish. Sounds better.

Hope all this helps!

Best Response

Nam similique culpa dolor magni. Dolores et voluptatem ad error et eius.

Odit eligendi quam totam. Aut aliquam doloremque iusto et. Ea vel praesentium iste est iure beatae et. Aut aliquam facilis et dolorem. Consequuntur numquam rerum animi.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”