CHEAP hotels NYC

Hey guys,

I am coming out to NYC from the West Coast at the end of summer to meet up with some of my contacts that I have networked with thus far. I will be there for three days and two nights. Can any of you recommend a cheap place for me to stay and what area would you all recommend that is somewhat central to everything. I really don't care what the place is like as long as it pretty much has running water lol. Thanks in advance.

http://www.couchsurfing.org/

I've never done this. A kid that I'm friends with in my dorm this summer has a suitemate who does this. Basically, people will host you for a few nights. I don't think they charge anything. All I know is that whenever I hang out in this room random strangers are around, just for a few days. Anyway, it might be something you could look in to (I really wanted to post it just to see what others thought cause I think its a fucking strange system).

If you really don't feel like paying let me know... I'm in NY I could prob help you find a dorm room for free for a few nights

looking for that pick-me-up to power through an all-nighter?

Best Response
<span class=keyword_link><a href=//www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-london-interbank-offer-rate-libor>LIBOR</a></span>:
http://www.couchsurfing.org/

I've never done this. A kid that I'm friends with in my dorm this summer has a suitemate who does this. Basically, people will host you for a few nights. I don't think they charge anything. All I know is that whenever I hang out in this room random strangers are around, just for a few days. Anyway, it might be something you could look in to (I really wanted to post it just to see what others thought cause I think its a fucking strange system).

If you really don't feel like paying let me know... I'm in NY I could prob help you find a dorm room for free for a few nights

I've used a similar service last time I was in NYC from the West Coast:

http://www.airbnb.com/

My GF and I had a 3rd floor walkup studio w/ small somewhat separated kitchen on West 80-something between Columbus and Amsterdam all to ourselves. $90 a night. Since the university paid for the plane tickets and my first night in a nicer hotel, I got a 4 day vacation in NYC for something like $300. Good memories...

i know you asked for cheap hotels but if you go to nyc you want to have the nyc experience so i would try to get in the Rosevelt Hotel, i love that place, it is besides Grand Terminal so you can go anywhere.

Thanks man! That's about the range I'm looking at, could go cheaper though but I'll look into it. Any other suggestions?

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people Jeremy

If you're looking for Midtown, this probably has the best location you'll find and it's under $200 a night right now with hotels.com.

.numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&arrivalDate=04-13-11&hotelId=126913&validate=false#description" rel="nofollow">http://www.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pa=2&pn=1&ps=2&reviewOrder=dat…

I am permanently behind on PMs, it's not personal.

at the risk of sounding douchey, all the ivy league schools have so-called 'clubs' in manhattan (ex. penn club, yale club, etc.) that offer nice standard-sized rooms at discounted rates to members. if you know a close friend who's an ivy league alum and has membership, they can make a reservation under your name. it's a cheap alternative that many people don't think about.

If you have an iPhone/ipad or android phone, download Hotel Tonight app. This mobile company specializes in distressed hotel rooms clearance. Most of the time you can only book for one night, but some hotels my offer multiple nights. Their choice of hotels are quality as well.

Don't know how much you want to spend, but Mandarin Oriental has a few options for that.

not many options for hotels RIGHT on the park. You're better off getting a weekend sublet or something.

[quote=brisbane]$200-300 won't get you much in Manhattan...you'll likely have to look off the island, or at smaller, boutique hotels...take a look at this link: http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2007/09/20/AR2007092…]

check:

travelocity.com expedia.com orbitz.com sidekick.com (best one)

You WILL most definately find a very decent hotel in your price range.

$300 bucks is obviously not going to get you into the elite hotels (St. Regis, 4 Seasons, etc.), but Hilton, Westin, Intercontinental seem to hover in the high 200's - $350 range. Check their websites for internet only, non-refundable rates.

there's plenty around in your price range (and lower). They won't be as nice as where your company will be putting you up but then again you're paying half/third the price.

Stay downtown as it will be both cheaper and easier to get around. If you are going to arrive 3 or more days early then get an unlimited metrocard - taxis are relatively cheap but the bus system is a really good way to take in the city if you're not in a rush.

Sorry if this post has been helpful. The sun is shining and I'm in a good mood. Normal (curmudgeonly and sarcastic) service will be resumed shortly.

Area sucks because it is times square, but Hotel QT is cheap and cool. Go to the pool party.

Either you sling crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot

-------------- Either you sling crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot

12345:
no its for my family

So judging from your other post we can infer that you have invited your family to hang-out with you while you attend BB training in NYC, hence the question regarding free-time on weekends and pressure to hangout with work colleagues, coupled with of course, the reference to hotel-rooms in this one. Nice gesture but probably not recommended.

Perferendis sunt ea est dolorum ipsum. Officiis ut repellat tempora vitae molestiae quis voluptatem ea. Aliquid neque quia occaecati id error voluptatum.

Impedit eius reiciendis quia et suscipit sed libero. Eligendi est ad quis maxime non enim et. Delectus id voluptatem a iusto asperiores ducimus neque voluptates.

Quis blanditiis deserunt sunt exercitationem eum quae fugiat. Sequi veniam optio veritatis voluptas.

Qui a ut voluptas corporis ut. Rem molestias deserunt et et aliquid.

Beatae saepe ad aut alias velit est beatae sed. Voluptate minima et consequatur tempore et dolorum earum. Occaecati eligendi quia quo aliquid ab voluptas. Iure aut debitis debitis quas. Dolor corrupti nesciunt ea porro cumque iusto.

Ipsa ad iure ut atque ad. Sint in rerum sed vero neque sunt. Repellendus consequatur maiores voluptas laudantium. Ut repellat architecto non quasi. Repellendus laboriosam recusandae qui ullam dolores exercitationem. Id reprehenderit magni facere voluptate est temporibus. Quam repudiandae odit eum illum possimus veniam.

Est consequatur repudiandae quae ab. Sed quidem quas officiis similique deleniti ea. Dolore maiores culpa qui assumenda nemo rerum. Deserunt ipsum impedit odio necessitatibus eum aspernatur. Voluptatem sint accusantium numquam nihil.

Ex reiciendis sunt commodi quisquam. Aut rem dolorem occaecati corrupti occaecati qui et. Est voluptatibus culpa suscipit. Ea illum eligendi exercitationem numquam illum quis. Quisquam unde aut sed ea est exercitationem. Non ut quia et hic est sit at.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”