JambaMan:
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/tags/goldman%20sachs

According to this article the average Goldman employee makes $360,000 compared to the $2.95 million for the average Blackstone employee.

I guess Goldman employees are worth on average just 1/9th of Blackstone guys.

What you fail to mention, however, is that for every Blackstone guy, there's a probably a Goldman guy who's earning more.

Also, anyone who is under 35 and is earning more than six figures at Blackstone probably got some help from Daddy. That's not a real job; it's a favor.

JambaMan:
I don't know here is another article that states $360,000.

http://www.ibtimes.com/apnews/20070323/wall-amp-main.htm

Whatever the case, $622K or $360K - the bottom line is the average Blackstone employee makes a lot more than the average Goldman employee.

Are you retarded? Pay is not net income or earnings. Pay is pay. It is an expense. Have you ever taken an accounting class?

This is what the article says:

That means each of its 770 workers produced an average of $2.95 million in net income. By comparison, employees at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. - the largest U.S. investment bank - each averaged about $360,000 for the company in 2006.

You really can't compare these numbers. For all you know, Goldman has a higher ratio of janitors to bankers than Blackstone. A much better example would be to compare the average salary among similar positions.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

CompBanker:
You really can't compare these numbers. For all you know, Goldman has a higher ratio of janitors to bankers than Blackstone. A much better example would be to compare the average salary among similar positions.

Thanks CompBanker, my point exactly. GS is an enormous Conglomerate. They have individual offices that have more employees than Blackstone as a whole. You make the assumption that the earnings are equally distributed at Blackstone and GS. This article might confer that the people at the top of Blackstone make a significantly higher amount than people at the top of GS, which wouldn't suprise me. But to assume on an person by person basis that this is true is just not logical. Think about it, how many jobs can you walk in and make $3mill from day one? Unless you're an MD from another firm coming to Blackstone, I can't see them handing a check for 3 million to every new employee. It's not logical.

There is absolutely no way that Blackstone, or KKR, or any Hedge Fund for that matter also will pay ANYONE $3 million a year the day they walk in the door unless that person has been a proven hot commodity at their previous place of employment (usually an investment bank) at the Managing Director level.

guys were disclosed around Christmas time 06 on fox 11 news and it was between 25-50 million! which is not too bad. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but i don't know how frequent it is to go over 50 million in PE. Also goldman is not known for high pay and i am sure that some high profile boutiques pay more to keep top guys.

maco:
guys were disclosed around Christmas time 06 on fox 11 news and it was between 25-50 million! which is not too bad. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but i don't know how frequent it is to go over 50 million in PE. Also goldman is not known for high pay and i am sure that some high profile boutiques pay more to keep top guys.

Goldman's not known for high pay at the junior levels BUT at the senior levels it definetely is known to pay top of the street.

Ad et et quam ipsa. Et quo eveniet odio itaque aliquid repudiandae. Eum dicta error aspernatur. Dolorem ab accusantium expedita et sunt illo aliquid. Vitae in enim et amet omnis dolores sint sequi.

Eum ullam provident sit reiciendis omnis error. Laboriosam odit labore sit aut doloribus. Sunt et aut non sit minima dolorem deserunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”