Hfhopeful:
melvvvar:
no it's just you dawg. everyone else is lined up with a sweet gig and is phoning in their orders for their models and bottles.

Why are you even on this board?

He helps people grow thick skin..or not grow..

The answer to your question is 1) network 2) get involved 3) beef up your resume 4) repeat -happypantsmcgee WSO is not your personal search function.

I would assume it would be the same as this year's FT recruiting. Almost no BB's hiring new FTs, just their summers. Some MM's will be hiring and also boutiques. That's what I would expect

Best Response

This is a very hard question to answer, since the future is uncertain. Back in 2010, most people were talking about a slight recovery in recruiting, and this did in fact happen. Many banks were hiring for SAs for the class of 2012, as well as FT analysts for the class of 2011.

Now, fast forward to this year: FT recruiting for the class of 2012. This time around recruiting was much messier. In fact, not only were most banks on hiring freezes, many were laying off scores of employees.

The point is these things change year-to-year fairly quickly, and there's nothing you can really do to control the hiring environment. Therefore, your energy is better spent in making yourself a more competitive candidate. This means studying up on those WSO guides, killing your summer internship at the boutique, networking hard, and learning to be confident and competent. All things you already probably know.

I do sincerely hope hiring picks up for the class of 2013, but as the English Proverb goes -- hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Good luck!

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light." - DT

Aragorn:
This is a very hard question to answer, since the future is uncertain. Back in 2010, most people were talking about a slight recovery in recruiting, and this did in fact happen. Many banks were hiring for SAs for the class of 2012, as well as FT analysts for the class of 2011.

Now, fast forward to this year: FT recruiting for the class of 2012. This time around recruiting was much messier. In fact, not only were most banks on hiring freezes, many were laying off scores of employees.

The point is these things change year-to-year fairly quickly, and there's nothing you can really do to control the hiring environment. Therefore, your energy is better spent in making yourself a more competitive candidate. This means studying up on those WSO guides, killing your summer internship at the boutique, networking hard, and learning to be confident and competent. All things you already probably know.

I do sincerely hope hiring picks up for the class of 2013, but as the English Proverb goes -- hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Good luck!

Another note is to do your best to get into the accelerated superdays. For NYC, this will increase your chances of getting one of the (possibly) few FT slots available, if there are any at all.

Like Aragorn said, many MM's still conduct FT recruiting anyway, and in addition, don't forget about non-NYC locations for BB firms, as some of these offices will be hiring on a more ad-hoc basis as well.

DreamMonkey:
Is it possible to network one's way into accelerated FT recruiting?

Yes, I was pulled in for accelerated interviews by an alumni connection i made. Another method is to just go up to recruiters at job fairs/info sessions (after you hopefully get a FT return offer) and say I have an offer that expires on X date, but because of XYZ reasons I would like the chance to recruit with your firm on an accelerated basis. Sometimes that works, other times it doesn't, but it can't hurt to try.

Ut tempora non asperiores cupiditate perferendis voluptatibus beatae. Molestias vitae eos sint qui omnis et. Quia laudantium numquam repellendus voluptas. Eligendi et hic et.

Voluptatem sit corporis aperiam quia officiis deleniti. Dolorem est enim et molestiae. Quidem qui ipsum quisquam. Dolor consequatur minima earum ut est cum non quos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”