As the name suggests, I want to know what words you guys hate/hear the most. This can be anything from small catchphrases to pretentious words that add no meaning.
The word I hate the most is robust.
SO many firms use it when talking about recent deals.
Anonymous Monkey, Upload Your Resume - Land a Job
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+93 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- 11 Things Employers Tell Interviewees and What They Really Mean
1. "We Have a Very Flat Hierarchy":
We have a few VPs that take home all of the carry and three dozen Analysts grinding out all of our legwork because it's cheaper. All you little shits are replaceable and none of...+57 by PrestigeCaller in JOB
- Easy, non-controversial question.
I am expecting a clearcut winner to emerge.
Let the recommendations fly.+38 by HeadsetWorking in OFF
- I recently saw a topic asking users to share some of their biggest chokes in life , and thought I'd start a similar thread of my own. Any stories? I'll start with mine. It's not work related, but it is relationship related.
When I was about 15, my older sister, who was a...+34 by buzzkillington in OFF
- Hey everyone,
My interviewer met up with my boss at a networking event and long story short the interviewer revealed I was interviewing at his firm.
My firm is likely to ask me to leave as they are very unhappy about it. Just wondering, how do you guys go about your job search to protect...+33 by wcfever in JOB
- You've probably heard this one before. "The only thing harder than breaking into private equity is staying in private equity". I would love to hear from people in the industry - what separates those who rise through the ranks from those who do their 2-3 years as an associate and...+23 by technocrat in PE
- Currently working around 60-70 hours in asset management and am putting in around 20-30 hours outside of work trying to grow a software company. I see my friends maybe once every couple weeks and it seems like they're all trying to get into a long-term relationship with the intention of...+22 by BryceLarkin in OFF
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jul16Webinar: PE Case - Paper LBO Best Practices -- 9pm ET, 7/16/189:00 to 10:00 EDT Boston, MA
- Jul17Podcast: How Billionaires set goals -- Geoff Woods -- 7/17/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Jul18Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Toronto, 7/18-7/208:00 to 5:00 EDT Online