Oxford vs Cambridge (vs LSE) - Undergrad
For getting into IB which is a better undergraduate degree, BA Economics and Management from Oxford, or BA Economics from Cambridge?
Additionally how would either BSc Finance (the new course, first entry 2016) and BSc Economics, both from the LSE, fare in comparison?
Thanks for any replies.
Which UK Undergrad To Get Into IB?
The university section of the WSO Investment Banking Industry Report is a way for you to see what undergraduate institutions firms recruit and hire from most frequently. In addition to that resource, WSO members shared their insights:
All Good, Consider Location
From WSO user @Jack334" :
- BA Economics at Cambridge is probably the best undergraduate economics degree in the world (although it's hard to directly compare a degree to a major at US universities)
- Oxford E&M is quite good as well
- LSE isn't bad, but do you really want to spend 3 years in London as an undergradute?
All 6 "Target" UK Unis Good for IB
From Certified Investment Banking Professional @potatohead123" :
- You would do equally well from either Cambridge or Oxford
- Oxbridge is incrementally better than the London schools, although all 6 "target" unis have no problem recruiting for IBD