PE recruitment - recruiter list LONDON 2017

Dear WSO,

This topic has been brought up earlier, although the most recent thread for London recruitment that I have been able to find dates back to 2012. Thus, I felt it could be time for an update of relevant PE recruiters in London, for all the newly started monkeys who are dreaming of making the jump to PE (me included).

I am aware of four (good/decent) firms so far, but there ought to be way more recruiters so please help me fill in this list.

Cornell Partnership - www.cornellpartnership.com
Private Equity Recruitment (PER) - www.per-people.com
Dartmouth Partners - www.dartmouthpartners.com
Albert Cliff - www.albertcliff.com

Many thanks,

f1_button

Comments (16)

Sep 30,2017
Learn More

9 LBO Modeling Tests, 10+ hours of PE Cases and 2,447+ interview insights across 203 private equity funds. The WSO Private Equity Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to break into the competitive PE industry. Learn more.

Jul 31,2018

any stories / examples of US based candidates making it over to Europe? Specifically those with dual citizenship.

Jul 31,2018

Yes - I'm at a MF and I regularly interview people applying from the US. Has tended to be more for grad / internship roles, though have had the odd lateral as well (direct, not through recruiters). Tends to be people who have EU citizenship (e.g. people who grew up in Europe and went to the US for school). I presume that one of the citizenships is EU, in which case there shouldn't be any issues. You will probably need to be much more proactive with applying directly or getting referrals into funds rather than relying on recruiters (though I guess you could reach out to the recruiters on this list)

Aug 31,2018

appreciate the color. I was born in Europe but lived in the states my whole life, so it's possible the the cultural difference might be a headwind, but manageable. Is only working / living in the states a deterrent, since my perspective on business is from an American angle, or does it not really matter?

Aug 31,2018

Really doesn't matter. Only thing that is really different is language skills, but to be honest, in my experience people don't really care about this in general, only when they are recruiting for a very specific role (e.g. Spanish partner is looking for a Spanish associate to cover Spain, which will invariably go to a Spanish person). I don't see any particular headwinds for anyone coming from the US as long as you don't have visa issues.

Aug 31,2018

Thanks. Yeah I've noticed that a lot of the opportunities outside of London / Amsterdam are country specific (French fund where everyone is French / speak French, etc.). Looks like the pool is probably limited to those places.

Jul 31,2018

Blackwood and Kea should be at the top of your list.

Jul 31,2018

Kea has started inviting people for megafund / upper MM events already

Jul 31,2018

Jul 31,2018

Blackwood/Kea between them have (at least some teams at) BX, Apollo, TPG, Silverlake, Centerbridge. Probably more, this is just from what I know,

Jul 31,2018

From what I have heard they have all MF mandates, however in some (rare) cases they are not the exclusive HH on in.

Jul 31,2018

In addition to those mentioned above, KEA also does KKR exclusively, as well as Cinven. Not sure who covers Carlyle.

Walker Hamill does H&F, BainCap and Advent, among others, reflecting their particular strength on consultants (hence covering the funds that are open / biased to hiring people from MBB).

Jul 31,2018

What are the MF firms in London? Any updates on reputation and culture?

• MiZlaN
  •  Aug 31,2018

I know Bain Cap and H&F have started their processes and KKR is starting in a few weeks (note: for summer 2019). Have any other firms started their process yet?

Sep 30,2018

How do you get in contact with these recruiters? Would you just send an e-mail to them, saying you are interested in joining a PE fund or is that frowned upon? I know some people will get invited through Linkedin, but what if you are not?

FYI; I joined a Tier 2 BB (Citi, Barc, CS, Deutsche) this summer in an industry coverage group (mostly M&A though).

Sep 30,2018