Fairmove:
Thanks. I'm currently at 1.5% at a London PERE Fund, as an analyst. Aspring numbers you have there.

Do you have any skin in the game and if so, is it a like for like contribution? See a lot of recruiters these days with carry in the advert (in London too) but always thought it'd be strange for an analyst to have pockets deep enough to contribute. (dependant on size of fund too of course)

Most Helpful

If you're speaking to me, that's not being a dick. I own a CRE Mortgage Brokerage, lone wolf. I merged my firm into my client's (now Partner) development firm and wrote the plans/found the seed capital for the fund. My job is to raise capital and manage our LP's. I'm nothing special, no college or MBA, just lots of failures in companies I tried to start and people seem to like how I look them dead in the eye while asking questions to make them feel vulnerable...

Tariluna:
If you're speaking to me, that's not being a dick. I own a CRE Mortgage Brokerage, lone wolf. I merged my firm into my client's (now Partner) development firm and wrote the plans/found the seed capital for the fund. My job is to raise capital and manage our LP's. I'm nothing special, no college or MBA, just lots of failures in companies I tried to start and people seem to like how I look them dead in the eye while asking questions to make them feel vulnerable...

Everyone can appreciate someone with big balls syndrome. Nothing but just cajonas.

Being serious, too. Appreciate your honesty and hustle.

Typically carry is calculated at the Fund level. There are very few managers who are able to sneak in carry at the deal-level. (The ones who do it at the deal-level tend to throw in some pretty clever language).

Typical promote structure will have a preferred return followed by either one hurdle or multiple hurdles. I've typically seen the Firm/Partners receive 60-80% of carry with the remaining 20-40% reserved for team members.

Robert Clayton Dean: What is happening? Brill: I blew up the building. Robert Clayton Dean: Why? Brill: Because you made a phone call.

Sequi error consequatur consequuntur reprehenderit suscipit. At aut ipsum quasi reprehenderit saepe ab. Id ratione officiis commodi molestias ea voluptas suscipit et.

In eaque in labore dolor vel aspernatur dolor quia. Aliquam cupiditate quia cum tempore et accusamus. Est blanditiis quia quia in.

Iure dolor explicabo eum rerum qui. Sapiente quis dolore quos omnis culpa ipsa vero iusto. Facilis eveniet officia et beatae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”